• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strange Tales 89 Club - Fin Fang Foom! Finally! ;)
3 3

259 posts in this topic

Thx Rick. I have to say I like the noticeable difference between the purple at the top and the blue mid book. I'd always thought it was just a gradation of darker to lighter blue, but in fact its two separate color gradations, which I never noticed before seeing the nice colors on this one.

If you look at my other copy on the first post of this thread, well, its a really nice copy but color wise it just looks like darker to lighter blue. On this copy you can see that its actually purple to blue.

A club so inviting that I had to join it twice. :cloud9:

ST_89.jpg

That's a beauty, Bronty! I agree with your earlier statement. I was always drawn to the blend of the blue and purple blending. It's a very striking cover and by far the best pre-hero cover.

If you look at my other copy on the first post of this thread, well, its a really nice copy but color wise it just looks like darker to lighter blue. On this copy you can see that its actually purple to blue.

This actually depends on how much the magenta ink (or any other ink) is possibly "charged" a bit too much while printing a run (it may change several times, each time inks are re-filled or so).

That is particularly problematic with browns, which are composed from all process colours. I am noticing it with my Fantastic Four #65, which I still prefer over a CGC I picked because the colors look "colder". :)

P.S. The picture is very large, so now this VF 8.0 is your "keeper"? :D

It's just the way the pic turned out, sorry if its too big.

I guess I don't know which one is my keeper or if I will keep both. I go back and forth on that. I want to keep both but I had some surprise large purchases I couldn't pass up :juggle:

:ohnoez:

Man all of these nice copies makes my 2.0 look like fiddy

I just wanted a copy 1.8 or above so I am happy since these just don't ever show up on feebay anymore, maybe a few copies a year.

When I have a moment. I'll have to take a group shot of my 5 copies.

Yes, I'm preparing for the end of the world :ohnoez:

I have my canned goods, radiation suit (well, really it's just some tin foil I took from comic convention attendee's heads ) and my copies of Strange Tales #89

In the meantime, can anyone update the thread with some pictures of their Strange Tales #89?