• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM lot #130-#133

36 posts in this topic

Your nerves cost you the book, if you wanted it in the 1st place? If you question my integrity, that is your decision, however, if you were second guessing your own grades I can only tell you the books look like they do in the scans. Like I said in the earlier, it's your money and you're free to do with it what you want but, if you can't look at scans and grade them properly I doubt you are buying that many $100+ books in the 1st place.

And consequently overgrading hurts people in the long run cause when they buy they sometimes think they are getting deals on books that are under the grade they assess.

How would you know what my reserve was anyway?

was that you who emailed me asking for my reserve price?! 27_laughing.gif

Your nerves cost you the book, if you wanted it in the 1st place? If you question my integrity, that is your decision, however, if you were second guessing your own grades I can only tell you the books look like they do in the scans. Like I said in the earlier, it's your money and you're free to do with it what you want but, if you can't look at scans and grade them properly I doubt you are buying that many $100+ books in the 1st place.

And consequently overgrading hurts people in the long run cause when they buy they sometimes think they are getting deals on books that are under the grade they assess.

How would you know what my reserve was anyway?

was that you who emailed me asking for my reserve price?! 27_laughing.gif

I have been collecting for over 25 years and I routinely buy books that cost a lot more than $100. My nerves had nothing to do with my decision to pass on all of your books.

Also, my issue with you and this Spidey #135 had nothing to do with my being unable to "grade" the book from a scan. It had to do with you requesting and getting a slew of grading opinions, calling it a 9.2 in this very forum, and then listing it as a "NM+" and a "NM+ to NM/MT" on ebay, knowing full well what those mean and knowing full well that this book doesn't qualify.

I am not on a crusade against people who overgrade out of ignorance. I'd never make a dent in the thousands of people who do it. But when someone advertises a book on here and then lists it on ebay with false grading information, I'll say something about it.

You can spare me the excuses about being "confused" about the difference between 9.2, NM+, and NM/MT. If you know enough to grade your books from VF to VF+ to VF/NM, to NM-, you know enough not to call a 9.2 a "NM/MT."

So if you're wondering why I'm no longer interested in any of your books at ANY price (including the $85 for the four books for which I had offered $147), please read and re-read the above.

Jay,

In your Pm you asked for advice,so here it is.

Everytime you open your mouth,you are diggng a deeper hole for yourself.you are coming across as a completely unethical screwup who is out to take some people for whatever you can.

Do you really think a $100 book is a big investment to half this board? Had this book been anyplace close to a true 9.6 you would have seen quite a bit of activity.Instead you've managed to [!@#%^&^] off quite a few people,buyers with deep pockets.If you sincerely wish to learn,shut up,listen and learn.At the very least try to keep your stories straight.You'd be quite surprised how many ebay users have been NARU'd as a result of actions from this board.

Jay,

Everytime you open your mouth,you are diggng a deeper hole for yourself.

I agree.

idea.gif Dont bite the hand thats trying to support you.

Jay,

I agree.

I'll throw in my 2c. I sell on eBay quite a bit and participate on the boards. I've made some really great business contacts through the boards here and made a few good friends as well. I've seen, and been actively a part of, "clean-up" efforts board members occasionally intiate in the effort to make eBay a safer and trustworthy place to buy and sell. It is far better to have these fellows in your corner than on the business end of an "ugly stick". poke2.gif

Jay,

I agree.

I'll throw in my 2c. I sell on eBay quite a bit and participate on the boards. I've made some really great business contacts through the boards here and made a few good friends as well. I've seen, and been actively a part of, "clean-up" efforts board members occasionally intiate in the effort to make eBay a safer and trustworthy place to buy and sell. It is far better to have these fellows in your corner than on the business end of an "ugly stick". poke2.gif

I think i've been here a month and haven't shown my teeth yet. Accusing newbiws of defrauding ebayers is not what I would call "trying to support" other board members. Everyone's opinion is welcomed here, that's what the boards are for. However, many posts in these threads, and in my threads have less and less to do with the value and grades of books and more and more just come off as jealousy and unconstructive criticism. (Your quote is not included in this catagory) When you blast someone for their grading skills or even thier books themselves, I have no problem with that. When someone attacks the integrity of a stranger, they have never done business with and who has never had to "clean up" any of his business dealings yet, "they" come off looking like the foolish one.

By the way, what condition would a copy of 135 have to be in to value exactly $125 in the Overstreet guide?

By the way, what condition would a copy of 135 have to be in to value exactly $125 in the Overstreet guide?

I don't have an Overstreet Guide handy but I can tell you that GPA reports certified 9.2s of ASM #135 average at $86 while 9.4s average at $196. It's been my experience selling on eBay that most buyers purchase raw books anywhere from 1/2 certified value to full certified value minus grading fees (which would be around $40). If you were selling this book singly, my guess would be the buyer is expecting it to be a 9.4 going buy the price that was paid, and from the images I saw it would appear closer to an 8.5 or 9.0 in my estimation. I would be prepared for the buyer to request a return or discount.

Jay,

I agree.

I think i've been here a month and haven't shown my teeth yet. Accusing newbiws of defrauding ebayers is not what I would call "trying to support" other board members. Everyone's opinion is welcomed here, that's what the boards are for. However, many posts in these threads, and in my threads have less and less to do with the value and grades of books and more and more just come off as jealousy and unconstructive criticism. (Your quote is not included in this catagory) When you blast someone for their grading skills or even thier books themselves, I have no problem with that. When someone attacks the integrity of a stranger, they have never done business with and who has never had to "clean up" any of his business dealings yet, "they" come off looking like the foolish one.

JV - Some advice - show a little respect . . . . then BITE ME! 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

I don't have an Overstreet Guide handy but I can tell you that GPA reports certified 9.2s of ASM #135 average at $86 while 9.4s average at $196. It's been my experience selling on eBay that most buyers purchase raw books anywhere from 1/2 certified value to full certified value minus grading fees (which would be around $40). If you were selling this book singly, my guess would be the buyer is expecting it to be a 9.4 going buy the price that was paid, and from the images I saw it would appear closer to an 8.5 or 9.0 in my estimation. I would be prepared for the buyer to request a return or discount.

Another uneducated prediction!

27_laughing.gif

Jay,

What is your reason for posting here?

If it was to sell books in the future,I think you've burned all those bridges.If it was to show that dishonest descriptions can dupe low feedback buyers into overpaying for overgraded books,I guess you've succeeded in proving what we all knew in the first place.

I'm sure we are all waiting,with bated breath,for your next stupid seller trick.

You've got it absolutely right, I am here to trick and dupe people. screwy.gif

Guys like you who get all pissed off when people bid over you lowball offer are the ones who are enevitablly trying to dupe "everyone". I don't care if the buyers are from ebay or the fourms, I treat everyone the same and I grade fairly. I looked at some of your previous auctions and you , my friend are no stranger to the realm of "overgrading". And if you are concerned with my attitide on here I suggest that if, I were selling SA ASM's for 45 cents you wouldn't be so concerned with my grading or attitude. You would likely bid your lowball bid and cross your fingers. As far as your opinion of my attitude, I could care less, although you are not rude or crass I can still denote a hint of condesenting jealousy.

So, if I [!@#%^&^] you off, I'm sorry for that but, either bid or don't bid, post or don't post, my present record speaks for itself and I am not a crook or shaddy. People buy my issues I send them, they send perfect feedback, and I am happy and so are they. I'll leave the envy and negativity to guys like you.

If it was to show that dishonest descriptions can dupe low feedback buyers into overpaying for overgraded books,I guess you've succeeded in proving what we all knew in the first place.

I know some sellers who have made an occupation of this and I guess it's time to add another name to that list.

Another uneducated prediction!

27_laughing.gif

Jay, old buddy (and I use that term in the most sarcastic sense), if this is supposed to prove that you know what you're talking about and the rest of us don't and we should all hail.gif you, you've got another thing coming. I don't think there's anyone here nor is there anyone that is an educated buyer of comics that would have agreed with your assessment of that book being in Near Mint plus condition. Furthermore, I am still relatively new to this business and still learning to properly grade and DO NOT purport to be an expert grader, but there are plenty of big dogs on this board that will answer you the next time you bark. Congratulations on your 1 little feedback praising your packaging and grading. And as far as the "uneducated" reference, you're more than welcome to inquire the rest of the board regarding MY reputation and experience as a comic seller on eBay or you can simply look at the lllllllllloooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnng list of feedback I've received from thousands of transactions here

You've got it absolutely right, I am here to trick and dupe people. screwy.gif

Guys like you who get all pissed off when people bid over you lowball offer are the ones who are enevitablly trying to dupe "everyone". I don't care if the buyers are from ebay or the fourms, I treat everyone the same and I grade fairly. I looked at some of your previous auctions and you , my friend are no stranger to the realm of "overgrading".

Okay,Jay. Here is a chance to show the world that all my posts are done out of jealousy. You said you checked out my auctions? That,my friend,is an outright lie. As I have NEVER conducted an auction using my shadroch id,nor anything remotely similar to it,to say that I have ovegraded anything is just a lie on top of a lie.

If you had any credibility left on these boards,I doubt you have it now.So show me my auctions,fool.Post a scan of any book I've ever offered for sale anywhere that was overgraded.I'm thirty years in the hobby and twenty in business,show me my "overgrades".

And you are right,if you were selling anything for 45 cents each,I would be less concerned about the stated conditions,who wouldn't.But you could be selling SA spideys three for a dollar and I'd ignore them.Too many nice honest sellers out there.

Amen, Shadroch. Well said.

Jay,

What is your reason for posting here?

If it was to sell books in the future,I think you've burned all those bridges.If it was to show that dishonest descriptions can dupe low feedback buyers into overpaying for overgraded books,I guess you've succeeded in proving what we all knew in the first place.

I'm sure we are all waiting,with bated breath,for your next stupid seller trick.