• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

History of the DC Universe

4 posts in this topic

George Perez a tribute!

I really got into George Perez in the early 80's when I started reading some of the New Teen Titans issues that he had done. I came across those issues by luck and picked up issues 12-15 all signed by both Perez and Len Wein (way before signature series).

I thought to myself what detail this guy draws. Not just the cover but the entire book page after page of jaw dropping detail. Not to mention some of the greatest fight scenes ever drawn in comics to my knowledge were either Justice League of America, New Teen Titans, Wonder Woman and how can I leave out all of the great covers from Crisis on Infinite Earths!

I know I'm leaving out a lot of material that George has done both prior to and after my short list. I just want say that I don't think there has been an artist since Kirby that has in my opinion produced as much, as frequently with such quality as George Perez.

I saw a set of History of the DC Universe available both signed by George and had to have them. For anyone who has not had the opportunity to read these, I strongly suggest you add them to your collection even if you are not a DC fan. These two books actually redefine the DC Universe at the time of production and are beautifully done in squarebound format.

Check out the pics below, I intend to keep these in my collection forever :)

13822.JPG

See more journals by Dre

Those are nice! Especially since they're square bound and with jet black all around the edges!

Very cool!!

I'll be seeing Perez in Miami next month when I go to the Florida Supercon. I have a couple of things for him to sign. Can't wait to meet him and others.

Congrats on those two beauties!