• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yeah, I know...

33 posts in this topic

I have a Cable #1 that has an absence of most of the gold foil that was supposed to be applied, like the cover had the outline of the foil but no more. Is there any interest in this error, since the book is just quarter-bin fodder otherwise? I was thinking of having it CGC'd but if it isn't worth it, I will skip out.

:shrug:

-slym (picture coming later)

I have a Cable #1 that has an absence of most of the gold foil that was supposed to be applied, like the cover had the outline of the foil but no more. Is there any interest in this error, since the book is just quarter-bin fodder otherwise? I was thinking of having it CGC'd but if it isn't worth it, I will skip out.

I have one with the foil. I have seen error books (like SS #50) without the foil listed for higher prices on eBay, but I'm not sure what the real demand for that type of book would be.

Hey you're back! I hope things are going better.

+1000

+1000

Ditto. Is this recognized as a error variant like the Venom Black cover? Sounds like the same thing, but that one goes for stupid money for some reason.

I have never heard of another one like this. Funny how a few of the Venom Black "errors" are out there, and they are worth beaucoup bucks, but you find a true one-off, and people are all "meh."

Here is a pic, a side-by-side comparison -

001jax.jpg

It is as if everything got a faint outline of the "gold foil," but nothing was filled in. The only "normal" looking thing is around Cable's eye, as that was just an outline anyway. No fill in the title, the "1" near the Marvel logo is not filled in, and even the outlines on his chest-gear are faint.

Thanks for all your answers, every bit helps.

-slym

I've never seen one of those Cable's without the foil. Would be interested to know why the Venom sells for stupid $$$$, but the Cable doesn't. hm

Because the Venom gets to go in a blue label. (shrug)

I would think (yeah, yeah, there's the problem) that manufacturer errors should be treated equally. Either they all go in Universal labels (which I agree with, as multi-cover books get Blues) or they all go in GLODs (which makes no sense to me.)

Maybe I should make some groan here and start a thread in CG...

hm

-slym

I have never heard of another one like this. Funny how a few of the Venom Black "errors" are out there, and they are worth beaucoup bucks, but you find a true one-off, and people are all "meh."

Here is a pic, a side-by-side comparison -

001jax.jpg

It is as if everything got a faint outline of the "gold foil," but nothing was filled in. The only "normal" looking thing is around Cable's eye, as that was just an outline anyway. No fill in the title, the "1" near the Marvel logo is not filled in, and even the outlines on his chest-gear are faint.

Thanks for all your answers, every bit helps.

-slym

I am not sure that is a printing error bit possibly 2 different 'editions'. Notice the non foil version does not have the UK price like the foil edition. Perhaps the non foil edition was released outside of the direct market?

Changed my mind already.

Mile High have a non foil editon image of the editon with the UK price they sold as an error edtion...

http://www.milehighcomics.com/cgi-bin/backissue.cgi?action=fullsize&issue=13992177224%201%20ERROR%20ED

and they also have the US newstand edtion image which I think is the same as yours but this has the foil..

http://www.milehighcomics.com/cgi-bin/backissue.cgi?action=fullsize&issue=13992177224%201%20NEWSSTAND

So it looks like you may have an error newsstand edition?