• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what is the story behind the Lost Valley Pedigree??

28 posts in this topic

If I sell, I would list Lost Valley pedigree in the title as well as scan the LOA which CGC does return to you. I'm sure it would add some value, say $17 for the reholder payment. I figure its value is in the $600 range so not a real big deal

Ed

While I scan GA CGC listings daily, I have a search title and description for "pedigree" that I run daily and look over with a fine tooth comb. I can't be alone.

Don't ya hate the "Pedigree" spammers? I've noticed an increase in the use of "pedigree quality." Not surprisingly, our old friend, The Haytruck, is a pedigree spammer. 893naughty-thumb.gif893frustrated.gif

So you resubbed it with the original label which had the Lost Valley notation? Have you actually gone beyond the grader notes phone call and talked to them about this? Something sounds off, especially with those grader notes and what am seeing. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

since the grader notes contain no "hidden" defects, i'm amazed by the 8.5 grade. the GA factor alone should have this book in the 9.2 range IMO...........it's hard to find much wrong.......... confused.gif

of course, i was careful to include the IMO since the round 6 GA comic grade hasn't come back yet............. grin.gif

The whole story is that I sent it in for a regrade, sans COA, but the original label had the pedigree notation. The new label did not. They gave it an 8.0 originally which I couldn't believe, I asked for notes which were as follows. Very slight, 1/4 inch, non-color breaking crease, back cover. I asked what else, thinking I missed something (which happens to all of us) and they replied that was it???????

That does appear to be undergraded. I've seen GA 9.4 pedigrees that look worse. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif And I would think that submitting it with the original label would have been enough to transfer the Pedigree info to the new label... confused-smiley-013.gif

Hammer would declare that you got boned because you're not part of the Inner Circle. devil.giftongue.gif

It's a great book regardless of what the label says. yay.gif

While I scan GA CGC listings daily, I have a search title and description for "pedigree" that I run daily and look over with a fine tooth comb. I can't be alone.

Don't ya hate the "Pedigree" spammers? I've noticed an increase in the use of "pedigree quality." Not surprisingly, our old friend, The Haytruck, is a pedigree spammer. 893naughty-thumb.gif893frustrated.gif

That guy tries everything 893frustrated.gif