• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the red bee

10 posts in this topic

Can anybody give me a quick description of the Red Bee from Hit comics. I have done a search on the Web and got very little. However the one thing I did find said

"A pathetic also-ran to the Green Hornet was the (don't laugh) Red Bee, a guy with no superpowers to speak of. When confronted with bad guys, he would release a really mean bee he kept in his belt."

Is this really true or a wind up?

Lame hero ,that's for sure. But if you collect the title , you get Reed Crandall art inside amongst others which ain't bad also !!!! The Quality comics group is worth checking out if your into the art !!!! Great covers , mostly by Lou Fine , Reed Crandall, Will Eisner, which it was his shop!!! The best cover in the run is Hit# 5 , Awesome Red Bee cover ,by Eisner & Fine!!!! IMHO!!! I'll post mine sometime, it has some Restoration, but it's a beauty!!!!!! Great series to collect!!!! 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Lame hero ,that's for sure. But if you collect the title , you get Reed Crandall art inside amongst others which ain't bad also !!!! The Quality comics group is worth checking out if your into the art !!!! Great covers , mostly by Lou Fine , Reed Crandall, Will Eisner, which it was his shop!!! The best cover in the run is Hit# 5 , Awesome Red Bee cover ,by Eisner & Fine!!!! IMHO!!! I'll post mine sometime, it has some Restoration, but it's a beauty!!!!!! Great series to collect!!!! 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Agreed, Hit 5 is one of the great GA covers. Most of Fine's Hit covers were brilliant. Fantastic Comics 3 may shade 'em though - I've never seen a copy sadly.

Anybody got one? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Agreed, Hit 5 is one of the great GA covers. Most of Fine's Hit covers were brilliant. Fantastic Comics 3 may shade 'em though - I've never seen a copy sadly.

Anybody got one? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Wow! I never realized the premium on this book. I just searched Heritage completed auctions to refresh my memory on this cover. A Fantastic Comics 5 in unrestored CGC 6.0 went for $517.50, while a CGC 5.5 of Fantastic Comics 4 brought in a measly $12,650!

I'm impressed. I am a GA newbie though...