• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

are siamese pages considered a defect or rarity????

8 posts in this topic

Personally I like them and they are generally well accepted as it tends to mean the book is unread.

That's why I hate them...I remember buying a comic and finding that it had siamese pages...I promptly got out the scissors and proceeded to cut so that I could read the darn thing... 893frustrated.gif

That's why I hate them...I remember buying a comic and finding that it had siamese pages...I promptly got out the scissors and proceeded to cut so that I could read the darn thing...

Sure, as a reader I have done the same thing. But you see what I am getting at for the HG collector who finds a book with siamese pages still intact. Chances are its never been read. juggle.gif

That's why I hate them...I remember buying a comic and finding that it had siamese pages...I promptly got out the scissors and proceeded to cut so that I could read the darn thing... 893frustrated.gif

At least you used scissors. Most of the GA books I've had with siamese pages, someone has separated them with their finger. With often suboptimal results 27_laughing.gif

I have found this a few times. I've always used scissors to cut them. Would this be considered restoration?

Also, on a related note, I've found books with folded in dog-eared corners on some pages that were printed that way. When unfolding them there is sometimes extra paper, or in otherwords, the paper extends beyond the edge of the book, sometimes as much as an inch. I've cut those to be properly fit as well. Would THAT be considered restoration? Some weird form of trimming perhaps? Usually this type of cut is easy to see as a page cut with scissors looks different than a page cut during the printing process. I wonder how CGC would view that situation. I imagine the best way to handle this (now that I think about it) would be to just let the defect stay as is. confused-smiley-013.gif ----Sid