• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can't buy insurance anymore on USPS International Priority Mail to...

10 posts in this topic

the United Kingdom (UK). :mad:

Places like Germany are still okay, but it would seem Great Britain and most of the UK we are now restricted in adding extra insurance. Makes no sense why since the UK is not known for mail fraud compared to many other countries.

Heck I trust people in the UK more than I do Canadians. :insane:

Not sure if this has been discussed before but it would seem most of the entire UK we (Americans) can not buy extra insurance on International Priority Mail now, and only up to $650 if we use Express Mail International.

So has anyone had to send an package to the UK that you needed to Insure and found this problem? How did you mail your package fully insured safely then?

Just an FYI and curious what options we have going forward to deliver big ticket books to our friends over seas.

thanks,

John (SOT)

before getting CIS to insure my stuff, never wanted to send anything of high value overseas. now i dont care where i send something. ill send an action 1 if my cis policy covered it. get the insurance, you will save a butt ton on usps insurance if you ship a lot.

the United Kingdom (UK). :mad:

Places like Germany are still okay, but it would seem Great Britain and most of the UK we are now restricted in adding extra insurance. Makes no sense why since the UK is not known for mail fraud compared to many other countries.

Heck I trust people in the UK more than I do Canadians. :insane:

Not sure if this has been discussed before but it would seem most of the entire UK we (Americans) can not buy extra insurance on International Priority Mail now, and only up to $650 if we use Express Mail International.

So has anyone had to send an package to the UK that you needed to Insure and found this problem? How did you mail your package fully insured safely then?

Just an FYI and curious what options we have going forward to deliver big ticket books to our friends over seas.

thanks,

John (SOT)

John, this is news to me - is it different if you bump up to Express?

before getting CIS to insure my stuff, never wanted to send anything of high value overseas. now i dont care where i send something. ill send an action 1 if my cis policy covered it. get the insurance, you will save a butt ton on usps insurance if you ship a lot.

Does their policy allow for comics in trasnit to be covered if you sell it?

From my insurance background I would think it would not.

I could be wrong but isn't CIS more or less just covering your comics in your domestic home or USA transit only via moving residences?

John, this is news to me - is it different if you bump up to Express?

Only for $650 insurance now for Express International to the UK.

You have to check because it is not all of Europe as stated Germany you add more insurance, but Great Britain and Northern Ireland they cut insurance off basically.

Makes no sense since Europe should be little risk at all just as Canada is.

But yet countries like Mexico we can still insure like normal. :facepalm:

I could be wrong but isn't CIS more or less just covering your comics in your domestic home or USA transit only via moving residences?

i got cis mainly because i sell on ebay a lot. after talking with the excellent customer service rep, i signed up for a dealer policy. it covers anything i ship, overseas or domestic, and things coming to me from cgc. anything domestic over $250, it might be more ill have to check, requires sig confirmation. i think the one thing that sold me on he policy was that it covered international shipments.

i got cis mainly because i sell on ebay a lot. after talking with the excellent customer service rep, i signed up for a dealer policy. it covers anything i ship, overseas or domestic, and things coming to me from cgc. anything domestic over $250, it might be more ill have to check, requires sig confirmation. i think the one thing that sold me on he policy was that it covered international shipments.

Thanks for the info. (thumbs u

also its relatively cheap, i think i oay around $300 annually to cover shipping and my personal collection.

Can you recommend a company? Im in NY and always entertained the thought of insuring my collection and your point alone is added value. Also, I was always under the impression that insuring comics is a pain and that you can only insure graded comics for their amount. What about raw books?