• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official "Man Of Steel" Thread

962 posts in this topic

Finally saw MOS tonight. I'm an unapologetic Marvel zombie but I have to say I thought this movie put Iron Man 3 to shame. It's not even close.

This wasn't even a comic book movie, it was a great science fiction movie.

I've read the arguments above regarding the religious aspects and I didn't come away from the movie with the same perspective. I saw one scene where you could say Snyder was attempting something during the "you can save her, you can save them all" speech.

I really didn't want to see this movie. I didn't think anything could be done in telling the origin again that could hold my attention, I was wrong. If this movie has a fault, it has to be a final battle that became tedious up until the closing moment.

+1

My guess is that the religious overtones turned many critics off. Thus the mediocre reviews.

I also believe that walking the lines between religious / science fiction / a Comic book movie was done as well as the studio could have expected.

For my next religious film I am going to rewatch the Matrix. lol

Couldn't find a generic (non-perverted) "Collectible Figure" or "Toys" thread so I thought I put it here since I really liked the MOS Superman figure.

This is an awesome short film on how these figures are created. I'd like to see more. I'm amazed at the strength of the clay prior to the molding process.