• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post Your Favorite DC War Books!

97 posts in this topic

bumpit.gif Come on, nobody has other war books to post? I was hoping someone would share a few GI Combat covers.

I actually like the Marvel war covers as well. War is Hell, Sgt Fury, Combat Kelly, Captain Savage, and even The 'Nam.

Good point. Post 'em if you got 'em, I just deleted the "DC" from the title of this thread. I initially just limited to DC because I figured Marvel would mean Sgt Fury, and he's got his own thread in the Silver forum. But I forgot about the other cool Marvel war books. Those Combat Kelly's and Captain Savages had great covers.

Good call, I happen to have a GI Combat with a sharp cover handy...

594917-gicombat169-f1sm.jpg

cloud9.gif Man, Warlord, that book just jumped to the top of my want list. Must find a copy of that one. cloud9.gif

Well, if you're not looking for a minty copy, PM me. I've got two in about the same midgrade condition that I'm willing to part with for a little green. gossip.gifdevil.gif

You know, this might as well be called the "Post Your Favorite Kubert Covers"! Is there any doubt that the man was a master?

Awesome Enemy Ace cover! And why won't Easy Co fight with the new replacement in #219?

OAAW # 231 (Oakland Copy, Intro/Death of Rock's brother)

595862-oaaw%20231%20oakland.JPG

FANTASTIC Cover! I've never seen that one before.

But " He don't even know" ? crazy.gif I thought the DC grammar police were more on the ball in the 1960s/1970s.