• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comics from your birth month

21 posts in this topic

I've decided I'm going to start collecting comics with a cover date of my birth month, December 1981. I'm probably going to go with DC only, since Marvel Dec 1981s have an ad for Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends, beginning Sep 12th on NBC, so that would kinda detract from the cool factor of it being my birth month, since it is made obvious that it was actually published earlier.

Anyway, these are some of the ones I'll be looking for. They should be inexpensive and easy to find in high grade.

Batman_342.jpg

Superman_v.1_366.jpg

Justice_League_of_America_Vol_1_197_001.jpg

I love the Superman cover. Post some from your birth month and we can see who has the best & worst ones.

I did search for "birth month" before I started the thread and didn't see these. So I guess since this was discussed back in 2010, it can never be discussed again. Lock it up, nothing to read here!

Wow - September 1973 was not a good month for books. I think the only one I'd want is Batman 251. And maybe Spiderman 124.

Whoop - Missed Ghost Rider #1. Would definitely grab a couple of those.

I love the idea and have had the same thought too and have been looking for an Uncanny X-men 213 (massive X-men fan) in the right grade and right price for some time :) No rush but would be nice to say that I have a comic released when I was born.

I've decided I'm going to start collecting comics with a cover date of my birth month, December 1981. I'm probably going to go with DC only, since Marvel Dec 1981s have an ad for Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends, beginning Sep 12th on NBC, so that would kinda detract from the cool factor of it being my birth month, since it is made obvious that it was actually published earlier.

since it's obvious they were published 3 months earlier than cover date (pretty standard for the time), why not get the ones that were *actually* on the stands when you were born vs/ the ones with the cover date. (shrug)

that's how i'd do it. but to each his own.

I'm not sure how many facepalms I can do. If you were born in July, 1977, Amazing Spider-Man 170 WAS NOT RELEASED IN THAT MONTH. Amazing Spider-Man 173 was.

Comics do not have your month on them - you need a book with a date stamp.