• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It must be registry award time...

10 posts in this topic

I've dropped four registry spots in four days.

Well, what are you going to do about it? I mean - due to the oddity of my collection I'm not going to be in the running for any registry awards any time soon (ok - I'll get a couple certificates in the mail)...and I'm not trying to get anything ready for 'best presentation' so I guess I'll watch the recently modified set list and see who is competing.

To each of you with a competitive set - to each of you with 100% pics & 100% comments - good luck tomorrow.

As for me? I'm going to go home and read some comics...

And wait for a shipment of yellow labels from the east coast.

Happy Hunting!

Lee K

13857.jpg

See more journals by Lee K

Yup! It's registry awards time all right!

In the past I've gained #1 rankings, lost #1 rankings and in a few cases, regained #1 rankings after losing them (Vigilante).

This year, I lost my top spot on some sets like Ghost In The Shell and Fury of Firestorm and Nick Fury vs. Shield. But Ive also gained some top spots like Starlog, which was just recently added to the registry.

Of course, when it comes to my New Mutants set, I've strived for years to both complete it and get either a Best Copper Age Set or Best Presentation award. Alas, it hasn't happened. Tnerb managed to pass me for the top spot in last years registry awards and while I have recently been on a tear, getting multiple issues upgraded to SS copies, he still holds the top spot for now.

I am in the process of expanding my pics and descriptions on the set, but it's gonna take a long while yet before I'm done with them. I am currently about 25 percent done so far. I don't know if I can manage to get either of the bigger awards yet, but I will DEFINITELY be shooting for it next year if it doesn't happen this time around.

Lee, I'm surprised you haven't requested an all Checkerboard set. Wouldn't it be cool to see all your books together in the same set like that? Personally, I am just hoping I can hang on to the number one spot on my X-men The Missing Years set. It's like hoping someone doesn't come along and snipe you on eBay, lol.

sig.jpg

I agree. All those checkerboards of yours should be put to work giving you a #1 all checkerboard set. Do it, Gemma! :)

As for sniping other's top spots, I can't say anything because I've done it myself in the past, waiting until the last second to make sure the person I'm trying to pass doesn't have time to buy-and-apply themselves back into the lead.

While there are a few sets I could get back in the lead on for this year, it would take too much money for me to do it right now with all these Cons I have planned. I'll just have to wait til next year.

Lee, I'm surprised you haven't requested an all Checkerboard set. Wouldn't it be cool to see all your books together in the same set like that? Personally, I am just hoping I can hang on to the number one spot on my X-men The Missing Years set. It's like hoping someone doesn't come along and snipe you on eBay, lol.

sig.jpg

I did recently request the go-go check set from Gemma and I PM'd her a list. I expect it should show up in the registry in six to eight months, and at that time, I'll build a set.

I don't expect I'll have the top set, or if I do, I won't for long. Far too many people collect in that time and...a damn lot of the Pacific Coast pedigree overlaps it - so there are 9.6 and 9.8 copies of most of the superhero books.

Anyway - I do want a single set so I can get rid of all the little sets I have and focus.

Good luck gentlemen.

Lee

Checkerboard set?

Yep - 1966 & 1967 DC's with the go-go checks on the top border of the front cover. Best reference may be my Strange Adventures registry set 'My Buddy, Buddy Baker'

L

I thought this would be the year I lose the New Mutants spot. And I love competing against Bagofleas. The great part is we both know exactly what the other is doing...and we seem to be rooting each other on. The race might not be who gets the number one spot anymore but who can find the other a New Mutants #58 or Annual #4 in a 9.8 first.

I hope to see a Go-Go Collection on here, it is so much better to find a set you love with all your books together rather than some here and some there. Plus, then there is the goal to complete that set.

Tnerb

Woo-hoo! No one swooped on my number one ranking for the "X-men - The Missing Years (1970-1975)" set!!! This will be my first ribbon! I was worried x-files might jump in there last minute (his set is amazing), but thankfully he didn't. Now I just need to keep working on beefing it up to get to 100% completion! LOVE this set!

sig.jpg

Woo-hoo! No one swooped on my number one ranking for the "X-men - The Missing Years (1970-1975)" set!!! This will be my first ribbon! I was worried x-files might jump in there last minute (his set is amazing), but thankfully he didn't. Now I just need to keep working on beefing it up to get to 100% completion! LOVE this set!

sig.jpg

^^

Congrats!