• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay Feed?

10 posts in this topic

I was loving the new eBay Feed, where you could set your search preferences and then see a Pinterest style dashboard with all the new auctions and BiNs on the landing page. Probably the most useful change eBay has made since I started shopping on it, and now it's gone.

Anyone know why? Was anyone else using this?

Andy

So stupid. They make 1000 bad changes and delete the one good one.

It was pretty sweet, as it condensed over 20 of my regular searches into one page that updated constantly.

I called customer service and they put in a technical issue ticket. I doubt much will come of it though.

Man - that sounds like a great idea. I had never heard of it before now, though.

Man - that sounds like a great idea. I had never heard of it before now, though.

Of course not. They would rather roll out some useless technical change to the selling pages, or something else nobody ever asked for.

Pretty frustrating. I spent a hour or two setting my searches and preferences, and it was AWESOME for keeping track of anything new that popped up that I might want.

I agree. I used it. I found a few good items by scrolling through it. I had just gotten into removing old searches and adding new ones. It's so much cooler to see things just popping up to suit your interests, rather than having to go to to a different page to get search results. I hope it's only momentarily absent, but as these things go, I imagine those who hate change couldn't see the utility of it and became very vocal.

I loved the new feed. I found myself searching through the feed more than using their crummy search engine. Mine is gone too now! Another feature I like was the ability to search for Sold vs Completed listings. There was a nifty little link under the search box but it has since been removed.

For anybody that cares, it took two calls to customer service and about 20 minutes on hold, but my feed is back on! :whee:

Apparently they received some complaints and have a worklist of people who want the feature turned back on. Give them a call...