• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Man of Steel is the new benchmark,as DC`s future is bright!

222 posts in this topic

First of all I am a Marvel fan, but my favorite two characters have always been Superman and Batman.

I went into expecting Superman the Man of Steel to be on an Iron Man 3 level. I thought it be a good popcorn flick, well instead I was blown away at how the Man of Steel has set the benchmark for all future superhero movies! This will be a movie they will talk about for years to come. Man of Steel is an instant classic! There were moments in this movie that I knew I was watching something special.

You now ask yourself why CC has the critics of Rotten Tomatoes given a lukewarm response?

I answer because it isn`t meant for them, but is meant for millions of people like me who have played hardcore video games like Dead Space,Grand Theft Auto 4,Assasian`s Creed, Halo and Medal of Honor type games.

While millions of fans and I were being entertained and being exposed to groundbreaking games over the years we will find that the Rotten Tomatoes critics were pontificating over the importance of Black Swan and artsy fartsy type movies.

Now with that being said DC needed a Hail Mary type movie after the debacle of Green Lantern. Man of Steel is that Hail Mary and has put DC back on the map of relevancy! (thumbs u

One more thought is I would buy as many Darkseid and JLA keys as you can because the future of DC movies is very bright. :cloud9:

To Synder and Nolan a well done job,and a thank you for making Superman relavant again!

(worship)

If CC likes it this much, you just know it's going to fall short of his predictions. lol

Really?It seems my prediction that my Red Sox will win more games then your Dodgers is coming true! :baiting:

Hope you didn't just jinx half your roster onto the DL with your statement. :baiting:

:whistle:

Any oscars? hm

It will win special effects. ;)

:wishluck: I hope they're that good.

You should be happy as this will open the door up for your Flash movie!

:cloud9:

Now I'm holding out for the Adam Strange movie. :luhv:

to the OP:

I find it very interesting that your post mentions video games and compares the Man of Steel film to that genre. I agree with that. I felt I watched someone else play a Superman fight game rather than an awesome movie.

to the OP:

I find it very interesting that your post mentions video games and compares the Man of Steel film to that genre. I agree with that. I felt I watched someone else play a Superman fight game rather than an awesome movie.

Which reminds me ... I'd love a good Superman game. Something the caliber of Arkham City will do just fine.

to the OP:

Most major videogames are better then most major movies nowadays. Better plots, better characterization and most of all better entertainment!

It`s about time a superhero movie can achieve a great level of entertainment like the Man of Steel just pulled off!

I expect a trilogy of Man of Steels.

lol

to the OP:

Most major videogames are better then most major movies nowadays. Better plots, better characterization and most of all better entertainment!

It`s about time a superhero movie can achieve a great level of entertainment like the Man of Steel just pulled off!

I expect a trilogy of Man of Steels.

lol

Good god. :facepalm:

to the OP:

That's what I figured. What I can't figure out is how some of my non board comic book buddies can talk about the movie, say they're "huge" fans of Superman and then say with a straight face how they "finally got Superman right".

Am I missing something in the translation? (shrug)

to the OP:

That's what I figured. What I can't figure out is how some of my non board comic book buddies can talk about the movie, say they're "huge" fans of Superman and then say with a straight face how they "finally got Superman right".

Am I missing something in the translation? (shrug)

Comic collectors are the old guard and gamers are the future, I guess. (shrug)