• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Fantastic Four #1 (Italian)

16 posts in this topic

OK, here’s my own copy of the italian Fantastic Four #1, which I am considering to sell.

I have never been too attached to this book, first because as a kid I read it in a reprint, and then because it does not use the original cover, as most of the italian #1s.

The copy is pretty outstanding although the back cover brings it down – italian collectors are bound to spend like crazy on those.

Main defects I see:

– very minor corner wear;

– spine creases (5-6, plus a series of mini-creases on the lower right corner area);

– back cover: long "thumb-like" crease on the left, small color abrasion on the right.

Again, many thinks to all those which will help! (thumbs u

WElYPtqh.jpg

Large size scan: http://i.imgur.com/WElYPtq.jpg

A1gA98yh.jpg

Large size scan: http://i.imgur.com/A1gA98y.jpg

I'm going to be in at about 6.0/ 6.5 It could hit a 7.0 again with some love.

It definitely presents really well and I'm sure it's a cover most people in NA haven't seen. (Thumbs u

It definitely presents really well and I'm sure it's a cover most people in NA haven't seen. (Thumbs u

Actually it was some (very) early 1970s promotional artwork, used by Marvel on some t-shirt or poster. The italian publisher opted for different images for most of the #1 as they started to publish in 1970-71 and some of the classic early 1960s cover were probably judged less "flamboyant" (they were wrong).

6.5/7.0 depending on the moisture damage to the pages.

Really cool book!

Moisture damage? Where did you get that? hm

No, it has none, biggest problem is that bc thin (but long) thumb crease.

Paper is great, and cover is pretty white.

Really cool book!

The stain on the bottom of the back cover looks suspicious....might be a moisture stain? Hard to see.

I say 7.5

The stain on the bottom of the back cover looks suspicious....might be a moisture stain? Hard to see.

Thanks Mark, and everyone. There are no stains, there is just a bit of wear (and dirt) on the bc. ;)

Book is very solid, in hand would look like a VF+, so I would be more prone to consider it in the 6.5/7.0 range given the defects are all on the back cover.

@jay: I can see where you are… lol I wonder who inked that Kirby piece.

Really cool book!

I say 7.5

It also looks like some rippling on the BC left edge center and slight staining.

Hard to tell from the scan.

I really like that front cover art work :cloud9:.

Thanks. Staining meaning dirt, a bit yes, but no water damage or moisture at all.

Keep in mind that the paper is very different from US books.

What you see on the back cover are mostly simple creases, I described them in the first post.

So I could go with a 6.5/7.0? hm