• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebayer asking to do a transaction off of the bay...????

38 posts in this topic

If you used Ebay to find the buyer, I think you should use Ebay for the transaction. Without them , you wouldn't have connected. To me, the right thing is to give eBay their cut.

I realize that is an old fashioned view, but doing whats right never really goes out of style.

I agree with this and when I have an ebay buyer who wants to buy direct I tell them i am happy to sell direct to them AFTER their first ebay purchase. I prefer to compensate ebay for bringing us together and this does so. It also meets all of ebays requirements.

If you used Ebay to find the buyer, I think you should use Ebay for the transaction. Without them , you wouldn't have connected. To me, the right thing is to give eBay their cut.

I realize that is an old fashioned view, but doing whats right never really goes out of style.

+1

eBay did a service, they should be compensated.

Ebay . They get more than they deserve already .

:shrug: How big is your pirated movie collection?

I agree with this and when I have an ebay buyer who wants to buy direct I tell them i am happy to sell direct to them AFTER their first ebay purchase. I prefer to compensate ebay for bringing us together and this does so. It also meets all of ebays requirements.

The Ebay CEO who made 25 million dollars in stock and compensation for 2012 thanks you . He would do it personally , but he doesnt care even the tiniest bit about you as an Ebay customer as you do giving Ebay their cut .

+1

Not very good , I have a crappy internet connection .

+1

Not very good , I have a crappy internet connection .

And what do you do for a living?

Got a wrist slap from eBay for doing this for someone. Got a message stating I was circumventing the rules. Won't do that again.

Wait until the auction is over.

Don't use eBay messaging to communicate.

:sumo:

+1

completely different.

+1

Hey.

Nobody should break any rules.

Write down the guys name and wait until the auction is over.

If no one else won it and you'll except his offer off eBay what's wrong with that?

Does eBay own a piece of every item ever listed on their site forever or what?

Got a wrist slap from eBay for doing this for someone. Got a message stating I was circumventing the rules. Won't do that again.

Wait until the auction is over.

Don't use eBay messaging to communicate.

:sumo:

Someone sent me a low offer asking if I'd accept through PayPal and I OK.

I've learned my lesson.

+1

Hey.

Nobody should break any rules.

Write down the guys name and wait until the auction is over.

If no one else won it and you'll except his offer off eBay what's wrong with that?

Does eBay own a piece of every item ever listed on their site forever or what?

No, I just think that they deserve a commission on current auctions. If the scenario you suggested happens, that seems reasonable.

Been selling on ebay since '01 and I've done many deals off eBay. And as someone said before, saves me money saves buyer money. Heck with eBay and there fees . Rather keep it in the comic collecting community then in beats pocket! .. Never had any problems and you get all the protection needed from paypal (ebays protection is useless anyways, esp for the sellers)

I've done plenty of transactions on here, which is obviously off ebay , and have had no problems. I just feel like I'm the one who's going to get caught and booted off ebay. I would be just my luck. I'm not condoning ebay's greed in any way, but I do kind of feel like I'm obligated to finish a transaction I started on there through them. I guess I'm a little old fashioned too. IDK, I'll make up my mind by later today and let him know.

Thanks for all the feedback.

I'm a buyer, not a seller. I've had a few buys off ebay. Sometimes the seller suggests it, sometimes I do. I've never had a problem. I realize it's riskier for sellers but there is still risk for buyers once outside the protection of ebay. I always pay via paypal (using a credit card) to get some protection, but I've never ever not received what I ordered (and only once or twice have I received something that was under my expectations, and I've always been able to work something out with sellers). So I think this is fine as long as the feedbacks are good.

+1

lol I was thinking the same thing