• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Conan 1

6 posts in this topic

Hi all -- please grade my Conan 1. Very sharp copy, and what affects the grade is going on right around the top staple and a small tick about a half-inch below the same staple. I don't know if this is considered a bindery defect or not (I welcome opinions) -- I've included a few different angles of it.

conan01_zps5ab5a22b.jpeg

conan01r_zps1525d7d8.jpeg

conan01spine1_zps3b0bb69d.jpg

conan01spine2_zps85c93078.jpg

maybe a 9.0 even if it's normal damage. not seeing a lot wrong with the book at all.

how does that top staple look at the centerfold? if it's a little funky-looking there, maybe a better shot at the bindery defect.

Thanks porky. Actually that is a very interesting question -- here is the centerfold, and you can see the bottom end is sticking out the opposite way (outward instead of inward).

conan01cf_zpsd136fad7.jpg

Is this by chance the top staple? I have seen so many bent top staples on the Conan #1.