• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heroes Con 2013 by me

2 posts in this topic

My wife and I made our first trip to Heroes Con. It was my birthday weekend and a chance for the two of us to get away. We (both of us) had a blast. Heroes Con is all comics all the time - none of the Hollywood stuff - and it's very family friendly. Among other things, she bought her first comic. In fact, she actually bought more stuff than I did.

We left Houston for the show on Thursday and she got home Tuesday. I had to go on to California that night for business. I'm home now and updating my CAF and Facebook page. I'll try to do a con report shortly.

If you'd like to see some pictures from the con - including all the art from the Saturday night auction - take a look at this album on my Facebook page. Many of the pictures have annotations that you might find interesting. Also, I have all the Saturday night auction results and will eventually add them to the pictures, but in the meantime if you see one that you are curious about leave a comment on it and I'll add the information.

As for my art purchases, I made three:

• Clark from the JL8 by Yale Stewart - you really need to be reading this webcomic. It's free and wonderful! Moreover, Yale has OA to sell. He draws the strip by hand.
  • Molly Danger vs. Supergirl by Jamal Igle in a battle to the death! Okay, maybe not take a look and see for yourself. Jamal has Kickstarted Molly and I think you should put it on your pull list. Your LCS can find it for you.
  • Mutts by Patrick McDonnell with color by Laura Martin - this was the capper of our trip

Please take a look and read the descriptions and look at the Additional Images.

Also, I've added a few new additional images.

For the link averse, here are the pieces. You can click them to go to the CAF and leave a comment:

Clark by Yale Steward

Stewart,%20Yale%20-%20Clark.jpg

Molly Danger vs. Supergirl by Jamal Igle

Igle,%20Jamal%20-%20Molly%20Danger%20vs.%20Supergirl.jpg

Mutts by Patrick McDonnell

McDonnell,%20Patrick%20(pen%20and%20ink)%20and%20Laura%20Martin%20(color)%201200dpi%20-%20Mutts.jpg

Very cool stuff. I've been going to Heroes for several years now. Best con around imo.

Picked up a double splash page from Cully Hamner, some Mind MGMT art from Matt Kindt and had Laura Martin color a sketch I had done at Heroes a couple years' prior.

Awesome convention for OA.