• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Backing Boards Sizes fitting 725M2 Mylites

9 posts in this topic

Hello,

I started to put my Silver and early Bronze books in Mylite bags, and I wished to know what the more standard sizes for backing boards fitting the 725M2 Mylite2 format (7 1/4" x 10 1/2") was.

I used to have 7" backing boards, but those are a bit loose within the Mylite bags, while in some orders I placed with Worldwide comics they sent me books in Mylite2 bags, but with backing boards which are slightly larger (about 7 1/8"), which are just great.

I was wondering if those were non-standard and if/where they can be purchased somewhere.

Many thanks in advance for the help! (thumbs u

Hi Cole,

do you know the width of the Herbert halfbacks? The 7" sized ones are a bit loose in the bags, and I see it is the more common format.

I have seen Mile High stocks boards which are 7 1/8" and they would be great, but costs insanely to have them shipped to Italy… :(

I should find a UK or European dealer with such a format – any help is MUCH appreciated! (thumbs u

Hi man,

Sorry my phone must have autocorrected, should read Gerber halfbacks.

The 700 boards do leave a small space between the board and edge of the Mylar, but once the comic is in the Mylar they do not move. This extra space also allows for some of the larger books (Silver Surfer, etc.) to still fit, a bit snug, but they do fit.

I then use a double sided tape to seal they Mylar. I found single tape across the flap tears quite easily when trying to open them.

Silver Marvels look great in these by the way. DCs are okay too I guess, if your into that rubbish.

See the below link regarding this question:

http://www.comicspriceguide.com/boards/PrintTopic218191.aspx

Cheers,

Cole

Thanks everyone for the replies, I’ll get back ASAP! (thumbs u

Hi Claudio,

where did you buy the mylars? How much you paid for postage?

I am interested but since I live in Spain I am afraid of the outrageous shipping rate.

Hi Matteo,

I bought them in the UK. Shipping rates still hit, but less than if I had purchased in the USA. More or less, you pay for shipping the same you pay for the bags. :(