• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is there a Signature series for magazines

22 posts in this topic

Guest Grails

Yes, if you mean mags like Eerie, Creepy and Vampirella. For actual magazines that are not comic related, I believe they do Playboy and Sports Illustrated. Anyone know if there are other approved titles like Starlog or Fangoria?

Most magazines are eligible. But there are plenty that are not, mostly based upon size and content. All the Marvel (Curtis) and Warren books, Fangoria, Starlog, FM and many many more. Here are some examples. I have my first Famous Monsters at CGC right now.

Heavy Metal:

http://www.myslabbedcomics.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=3435&GSub=631

True West:

http://www.myslabbedcomics.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=7013&GSub=631

Pizzazz:

http://www.myslabbedcomics.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=7015&GSub=631

A while back I believe that I saw a copy of FM autographed by Bela Lugosi's son in a signature series slab on eBay.

- Mike

Yeah, my buddy got those done. Mine is Basil Gogos on a FM #9 so it will be special.

A while back I believe that I saw a copy of FM autographed by Bela Lugosi's son in a signature series slab on eBay.

- Mike

Yeah, my buddy got those done. Mine is Basil Gogos on a FM #9 so it will be special.

I got Basil's sig on one of my FM 9's, as well,9 years ago at one of the Hotel Pennsylvania Cons...just not slabbed sig series. I really like how the Silver Ink nicely blends into the overall artwork ...

I did have someone take our picture, however. Sweet Guy... (thumbs u

ASM126004_zpsa4fa946f.jpg

NationalCon2004001_zps9478c312.jpg

- Mike

I got Basil's sig on one of my FM 9's, as well,9 years ago at one of the Hotel Pennsylvania Cons...just not slabbed sig series. I really like how the Silver Ink nicely blends into the overall artwork ...

I did have someone take our picture, however. Sweet Guy... (thumbs u

ASM126004_zpsa4fa946f.jpg

NationalCon2004001_zps9478c312.jpg

THAT IS REALLY COOL! (worship) I gotta get out more and meet monster people! :)

- Mike

It was a royal pain for all 3 signatures, then on the last go around they left "file copy" off the label and it had to be returned to cgc for correction.

Counting the original slab, I think it was slabbed like 4 or 5 times. :eek:

- Mike

Just got grades today - 8.5 Quite a bit higher than I had even hoped. :banana:

- Mike

Just got grades today - 8.5 Quite a bit higher than I had even hoped. :banana:

Sweet...I'd love to see what an 8.5 looks like these days. Did you scan it before sending in?