• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Possible to get a bump on LTOW to CROW pages? Or downgrade from CROW to LTOW?

7 posts in this topic

Hi folks, a buddy of mine recently purchased an old-label ASM1 that bears a light tan to off-white pages PQ designation. I wanted to know if there was a reasonably good chance he could do some good ol' CPR and get a CR/OW PQ designation in addition to a grade bump. Has anyone ever tried this and gotten an upgrade on PQ?

Conversely, I recently bought an old label book bearing a CR/OW PQ designation that I'm considering CPR'ing. What are the odds that CPR'ing this book will result in a LT/OW page designation?

Thanks for your help and input!

I would say that if your only reason was for a PQ bump, I would not bother, and your odds are not that great.

If you think the book will get a grade bump from CPR, than that alone is a good reason, and a PQ bump would be a welcomed bonus.

I had a Hulk 181 that went from LT-OW go to straight OW after a press. I couldn't believe it.

Since then, I've never put much weight into the PQ designation.

I had a Hulk 181 that went from LT-OW go to straight OW after a press. I couldn't believe it.

Since then, I've never put much weight into the PQ designation.

I hadn't either, though mainly based on books I'd submitted having a broader range of PQ than CGC seemed to think, but that is pretty bad.