• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF #1 SS dropped one whole point MY # 10 FAV. posted by Ronnylama

10 posts in this topic

In a previous journal I wrote about a man who NOONE should trust on EBAY (I will call him Bijou). This book was so misrepresented and I submitted it years back with my first coupon to receive a Restored 6.5. I am over that and learned a Big lesson though I live that I got FF #1 and Hulk #1 (both restored).

I am writing this for two reasons. The important one is that this book dropped one whole grade from a 6.5 to a 5.5. I will call CGC tomorrow to get notes on it for I was very careful to unslab both books. The upside (though I do not care as much...except that the Incredible Hulk #1 was still a 6.5 and now SS Stanley) to this is that my 5.5 SS jumped over 2,000 point and my Incredible Hulk to over 3,000 points. I am not complaining except that I want to know why my FF #1 went down to a 5.5 (I still have not registered it for I want to converse with CGC to see if I can obtain the 6.5 status again...Thoughts?

here is to sharing.....My #10 Book

13890.jpg

See more journals by Ronnylama

So very cool!!! Awesome book. One of my holy grails.

I would definitely contact CGC and inquire about the grade drop. Maybe they have new equipment to detect things and found a flaw that they originally did not detect?

Anyway... i hope you get the answers you are looking for.

Congrats on two awesome books!!!

SW3D

Thanks for sharing Ron. Bummer about the restoration, but like Tnerb said, it is still a beautiful book...and now you have mostly yellow covering up the purple label. It is strange that it dropped two grades, I don't get it. Please share when you find out more.

Really hoping you continue your Top 10!!!

sig.jpg

I am not complaining except that I want to know why my FF #1 went down to a 5.5 (I still have not registered it for I want to converse with CGC to see if I can obtain the 6.5 status again...Thoughts?

I don't understand. How will talking to CGC get a book raised in grade? Is it about convincing them they made a mistake and they should give the FF the previous grade? Or is it about getting information on "pressing", etc, that could raise the grade in a future submission?

Nice FF#1 BTW.

Mike