• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So is anybody else a Gold Key fan? Cover parties are fun

74 posts in this topic

I have a small handful of GK's, but wouldn't mind more!!

total1.jpg

Banner;

Would this copy of issue #1 be for sale. I have been trying to compile a complete run of this title since I remember it from my younger reading days. I've managed to get all of the copies so far except for issues #1 and #4.

Actually, I was very fortunate since I was able to acquire a run of issues #5 - #10 in the pre-eBay days from a buyer advertising in the CBG for guide price. Couldn't believe it when I saw them since the books were perfectly flat with full cover gloss and beautiful white pages. Definitely unread and unopened file copies here with potential CGC grading of 9.6 or even higher. cloud9.gif

total1.jpg

Banner;

Would this copy of issue #1 be for sale. I have been trying to compile a complete run of this title since I remember it from my younger reading days. I've managed to get all of the copies so far except for issues #1 and #4.

Actually, I was very fortunate since I was able to acquire a run of issues #5 - #10 in the pre-eBay days from a buyer advertising in the CBG for guide price. Couldn't believe it when I saw them since the books were perfectly flat with full cover gloss and beautiful white pages. Definitely unread and unopened file copies here with potential CGC grading of 9.6 or even higher. cloud9.gif

NFS! mad.gif

Some early issue of MARS Patrol was my first non-Marvel/DC superhero comic and I always thought it was just so strange...so I set out to pick up a set of the painted cover issues! This book isn't real high grade, but they don't seem to come up for sale too often either. confused-smiley-013.gif

That is a great Doc Savage cover! thumbsup2.gif Looks similar to the artwork that was on the Doc Savage paperbacks in the 1970s. I never even realized there was a GK Doc Savage comic. Sigh, yet another title I need to start collecting frustrated.gif, particularly if the rest of the covers look this cool!

I love those early Solar covers - who was the artist on that one? Whoever it was must have been channeling the soul of Miro!

Bob Fujitani. The covers of Solar 1 and 2 are unlike almost any comic I can think of from the pre-modern era.

jmg, nice book! thumbsup2.gif

I just sent in my copy of Star Trek #1 about a month ago. Will post the results upon its return. Love the photo covers. 893applaud-thumb.gif

just got it back......from the 1st deal i ever made with Ted Van Liew from his first show in Boston....(see attached)

grin.gif

644628-st1001.jpg.b82a3a348d15665ec597a9a161c27e3a.jpg