• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DF COA error

20 posts in this topic

Wasn't sure if this should go in the Sig forum or not.

In the mid 90's I bought an X-Factor #92 (hologram cover) signed and numbered by Quesada w/ a COA. I'm pretty sure it's a DF COA, not sealed in a bag. The thing is, JQ numbered it 1169 out of 2000 (or maybe 3000-can't remember), but the COA says 1069. Some time had passed before I even freakin' noticed it :facepalm:

Does this happen often? I imagine the error was on DF's part :shrug: Either they somehow got switched, or DF printed 2 COA's with 1069 on it. I also imagine if it's the latter (and since it's 20 years later), I'm SOL.

So... anyone out there have an X-Factor #92 signed and numbered 1069 by Quesada w/ a DF COA that says 1169?

I'm pretty sure it was DF. I blew a disc out in my back so I can't go digging it out to check.

Needle in a haystack.

Wasn't sure if this should go in the Sig forum or not.

In the mid 90's I bought an X-Factor #92 (hologram cover) signed and numbered by Quesada w/ a COA. I'm pretty sure it's a DF COA, not sealed in a bag. The thing is, JQ numbered it 1169 out of 2000 (or maybe 3000-can't remember), but the COA says 1069. Some time had passed before I even freakin' noticed it :facepalm:

Does this happen often? I imagine the error was on DF's part :shrug: Either they somehow got switched, or DF printed 2 COA's with 1069 on it. I also imagine if it's the latter (and since it's 20 years later), I'm SOL.

So... anyone out there have an X-Factor #92 signed and numbered 1020 by Quesada w/ a DF COA that says 1169?

I'm pretty sure it was DF. I blew a disc out in my back so I can't go digging it out to check.

Needle in a haystack.

I have a few of those mid-90s DF signed books. A few of mine are 1 of 7,500 too. That is an enormous number of copies of the same signed book! A ridiculous number! With that many copies being signed, it is understandable that someone made a mistake along the way. It must have taken an whole day for someone to sign 7,500 copies!

I agree it's a ridiculously enormous number of books :sick: However, 7,500 is a drop in a bucket considering how many prints came out of that era.

How many unfortunate trees aspired to some day become toilet tissue, only to become 90's drek? :(

Hey, I like that hm

I have to feel bad for Joe's hand after signing 7500 comics.

It was explained on Pawn Stars that many of the mass signings of baseballs given away by baseball clubs are actually signed by people who are not the baseball talent. It makes you wonder if some of these mass signings for comics (and trading cards) are not signed by the actual creators themselves, but by friends, family members, etc. I honestly cannot see one person taking the time to sign 7500 comics, so I have to believe they received help.

It's not uncommon for these companies to only have the artist sign as many as they can sell.

So, if they get orders for a few hundred, they only have the artist sign a few hundred.

The certificate can say 7,500 or whatever, and that's the limit...

but if they only sell a few hundred, the others may never get signed.

It's not uncommon for these companies to only have the artist sign as many as they can sell.

So, if they get orders for a few hundred, they only have the artist sign a few hundred.

The certificate can say 7,500 or whatever, and that's the limit...

but if they only sell a few hundred, the others may never get signed.

That is something I never considered. Still, I'm betting there are at least some of these DF signed comics that were not signed by the talent, but by helpers of the talent. If this was a common practice in other fields, I cannot believe it doesn't happen in the comic field. And I surmise this practice extends beyond DF.

I know if I were the talent and let's say Topps asked me to sign a 7500 trading cards, I'd be asking my family and friends for help with that endeavour after we practice a few signatures. Topps isn't going to know any better and probably won't care since they are getting their share of the profits.