• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade this ASM 33

26 posts in this topic

I just read this thread. Let me throw my 2c in here. I grade according to the way I see it. CGC's standards or scale is unknown, so bringing them up is pointless.

Anyway, the chip on that outer edge is pretty good size. Even though this is a really nice looking book, the defects are still there and must be deducted. I see at least four cutter tears on that front cover edge also.

If you look at the angle of the tears and the bottom angle of the missing piece, it's apparent to me that piece broke off at some point. Really nice looking book with great color. But I call em like I see em.

7.5 maybe 8.0 onsite.

So we are assuming that is a chip and not a tear for the reason the

piece is missing? I never thought of chipping as being that large and

I am not sure it is a chip. Besides there are cbc all over the right edge too.

My opinion is the book is super sharp but these are big defects, 7.5 IMHO.

This is 100% Marvel chipping, production related, and it‘s also a very moderate example of that, pretty nice.

Marvel chipping can be really BAD, I guess you are not familiar with it, also given the Batgirl avatar! :D

I'm assuming those are cutter tears. It was most likely just a tear at one time as the angle is the same as the others. The piece could have easily came off due to handling or being caught on the side of a bag. I'm just assuming that though.