• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jim Carrey denounces Kick *spoon* 2

63 posts in this topic

1011141_510907438964661_1055753284_n_zps453617dc.jpg

doh!

That is a weapon, designed for killing someone. It is not a tool. It gives the user a false sense of power, power that enables humans to take out their emotions. Scarface anyone? I've heard the arguements time and time again, like, 'a hammer is a weapon too'. Yes if you misuse it, but it's designed for hammering in nails. What is the primary design of a gun, to shoot objects. Don't get me wrong, I like guns they are fun to shoot, I was even a rifle instructor for the boy scouts in college. But there are guns for hunting, sporting, etc. Then there are assault rifles, which AREN'T USED FOR HUNTING BTW.

I believe 'your' president Reagan said it best:

PresidentReagan-meme.jpg

rantrant

Jerome

While there may be some merit to some of what you say, the Scarface reference is a bit far from it, being that the weapon he used is entirely illegal for civilian ownership and use... M203 launcher and full select fire/automatic and all.

And the term "assault weapon" is an entirely political moniker that distracts more than informs. There are people in very high places, making very big decisions, who have no idea the difference between military hardware and civilian, and the difference is vast.

Semi Auto rifles have been used for hunting and target shooting for decades. Replace the wood grain furniture for black polymer and BOOM it's an "assault rifle".

Carey is jumping on a bandwagon. Next year he'll have a new cause of the day. Actors and celebrities are like that. They think they feel thing more deeply than the rest of us. They think that doing what they do gives them deeper insight into the human condition. They think that because they have a pulpit that they always have to use it.

If I was blessed with the talent, skill and luck that Carey has, I'd do my work and keep my mouth shut in public.