• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Info on this Human Torch #2 ...

11 posts in this topic

Hey there people! I bought this book in the week, I got it at a good price but I have no idea about it at all.

The OSPG doesn't have any info on it either. Just wanted to know the artists and if it's rare or not, thanks in advance.

2vs0vnr.jpg

An L. Miller reprint (British) from the 1960s (late '50s possibly). Definitely scarce, but hard to pinpoint the price due to demand being difficult to establish. L. Miller reprints were better produced than the Alan Class ones, for what it's worth. The two U.K. reprint publishers gradually lost ground in the 1960s and ceased publication when Marvel and DC started distributing books to Britain from November 1959 onwards.

I remember one boardie had a high grade L. Miller reprint (I think it was this issue) - not sure if he sold it however.

An L. Miller reprint (British) from the 1960s (late '50s possibly). Definitely scarce, but hard to pinpoint the price due to demand being difficult to establish. L. Miller reprints were better produced than the Alan Class ones, for what it's worth. The two U.K. reprint publishers gradually lost ground in the 1960s and ceased publication when Marvel and DC started distributing books to Britain from November 1959 onwards.

I remember one boardie had a high grade L. Miller reprint (I think it was this issue) - not sure if he sold it however.

i posted in the wrong section, my mistake

thank you for the help :)

i posted in the wrong section, my mistake

thank you for the help :)

Nah, it's fine. The content of the book is pre-Silver Age.

The GCD says the cover for Human Torch 38 (your British #2) was by Carl Burgos and the interior is by Ayers. I assume the interior matches the cover which was the case for Fawcett reprints by Miller.

9174634022_728faed30f_z.jpg

The GCD says the cover for Human Torch 38 (your British #2) was by Carl Burgos and the interior is by Ayers. I assume the interior matches the cover which was the case for Fawcett reprints by Miller.

9174634022_728faed30f_z.jpg

GCD also indicates a 1954 publishing date, but that may just be reflecting the original. Still there is every indication that in the 1950s Miller's reprints of Atlas and other U.S. publisher's books contained fairly recent content.

Cool book, and I imagine the interest in 40s and 50s foreign editions of U.S. superhero material will only increase in the future due to its comparative scarcity and increased knowledge of its existence.