• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

http://www.thehouseofcomics.com "SCAMMER" thread

515 posts in this topic

Here it is in the high resolution version...

Can you zoom in on the pill bottle like that?

Never mind the pill bottle, zoom in on the credit card :devil:

The more I look at the pictures, the more I try to understand the thought process of the person showing them. Do you think she expected "Wow! Look at all those comics! I bet there's some great stuff in there!" or maybe her attitude was "I have a real job and look at what this guy puts me through!" I don't believe she realized what shocking living conditions she presented. Maybe she realizes now, after all the discussion.
Sometimes to do insurance work, i go to places like this (or waaaaaay worse). People get so used to it that they dont even notice it nor are they embarrassed about it. Its a lot more common than you might think.

The more I look at the pictures, the more I try to understand the thought process of the person showing them. Do you think she expected "Wow! Look at all those comics! I bet there's some great stuff in there!" or maybe her attitude was "I have a real job and look at what this guy puts me through!" I don't believe she realized what shocking living conditions she presented. Maybe she realizes now, after all the discussion.
Sometimes to do insurance work, i go to places like this (or waaaaaay worse). People get so used to it that they dont even notice it nor are they embarrassed about it. Its a lot more common than you might think.
Actually, that's what I was leaning toward. "Normal" is what we let ourselves grow accustomed to.

Here it is in the high resolution version...

Can you zoom in on the pill bottle like that?

Yes, but unfortunately the label is turned with the contents on the bottom where you can't see it.

However, the "May Cause Drowsiness" label is easy to read.

too many posts here. any updates on legal proceedings against these sillyheads?

Yes, supposedly they are going to sue us all or talk to someone about it...

Or do some more dumpster diving.

"You may not walk a dog without first dressing it in diapers in Temperance, Mississippi"

I'm calling BS on this one. :sumo:

http://www.stupidlaws.com/you-may-not-walk-a-dog-without-dressing-it-in-diapers/

Sorry - it's real. Thanks for playing though!

Dressing dogs in diapers isn't such a bad idea. They're always taking dumps everywhere and owners aren't always that concerned about other folks stepping into those piles. I know my neighbors leave us treats regularly....

I'm half considering walking onto their property and popping a squat.

Dressing dogs in diapers isn't such a bad idea. They're always taking dumps everywhere and owners aren't always that concerned about other folks stepping into those piles. I know my neighbors leave us treats regularly....

I'm half considering walking onto their property and popping a squat.

If anyone ever tells any of you that comic collectors are a little out there. I want you to bring up this girl that your fellow boardie Buzzetta grew up with and knows.

This individual has taken her dog loving to a new level. While some of you out there might dress your dog up in outfits... I am going to venture to guess that you do not give your dog multiple closets in your house and allow the dog to pick out its own clothing. She does.

I would like to believe that you do not push the dog around town in a stroller (there is nothing wrong with the dog.) She does.

I would like to believe that you did not marry your dog off to another dog and actually have a place preform the ceremony with a small reception. She did.

I would like to believe that you do not force your coworkers to get on the phone when you are working late and have them say goodnight to the dog as you have whatever poor relative you convinced to dogsit while you are working late... She does.

I have more... but... we might get to the point that it borders on the ridiculous.

She cray cray...

There is a curious dog theme happening for me right now. The last two posts are the 5th dog related occurrence I've seen in the last 4 hours, including discovering that while I was at work Monday my wife took it upon herself to pack my beloved dog's urn (Kharma passed away 2 years before I met my wife) in a box headed for storage :o

W-T-F!?!

I am so absolutely floored by this that I'm in state of confusion ???

OT rantrant over.