• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just watched the Punisher move and.....

30 posts in this topic

Yea, this flick wasn't as bad as everybody painted it to be.

There was cheesyness, but from a Rambo styled type of flick...

WHAT DO YOU EXPECT!!!!

Me? Personally, I loved it!

I also loved the day I went to go see it all the movies.

My best bud and I had a real Testostrone filled day!

First, after buying the tickets early to avoid the show being sold out, we when to the range

and had a good day shooting.

I had my Ruger nine mill and my Smith and Western .38 snubnose for a close quarter set-up

ans blew off a 1000 rounds.

Then my friend shows his new toy a SKS Sino Soviet Rifle (it's kind of funny because I'm all pistols and he's definately a rifleman) This really brought back some memories, due to the fact that I'm an ex-service light infantry man. In my tour of duty I had to know how to breakdown, maintain, and fire all Soviet weapons, due to the cold war of the 80's. He also had his trusty Dragunov SVD Soviet Sniper rifle that we chopped some rounds off with. And the usual 30/30 and 20 gauge short barrel.

After our hands were raw and stinking of gunpowder we collected our guns and headed for the show. As a surprise on my end, since this movie was my treat -I pulled out two comic bags with boards and we got our free comic and enjoyed the Saturday Matinee!

Hell Ya! that is the only was to enjoy a movie like this..

gritty and raw!! grin.gif

Where did the Punisher move to? I hope not here in Los Angeles, we have enough problems. When you watched him move, did he use help or did he lift everything by himself? How long did it take him? So many questions. Did he take any breaks? Did he shoot anything during the move?

Please let us know.

sign-funnypost.gif

Where did the Punisher move to? I hope not here in Los Angeles, we have enough problems. When you watched him move, did he use help or did he lift everything by himself? How long did it take him? So many questions. Did he take any breaks? Did he shoot anything during the move?

Please let us know.

am i the only person that caught you're joke deathlok? i was laughing my butt off then i realized no one else even said anything.

{edit} rhino beat me to it

Well I finally saw The Punisher on DVD.

My overall impression is that it was pretty good. However, the -script was seriously flawed.

Here's what I would have changed...

1) The family reunion was poor... if you've got Roy Scheider... USE HIM! It should have just been Frank and the family visiting with his parents with more dialog between father and son.

2) The death of his wife/son was lifted straight out of Mad Max... WTF?! It should have just been a shooting... gunned down in broad daylight.

3) The death of Saint... way to elaborate and stupid... something simpler would have been more poignant (ie Saint shoots himself or a duel between Saint and Castle).

4) Delete the cheesy dialog... worst example being near the end where Frank says look in the papers to see what he's up to... fine... leave it at that.... but NOOOO... they to tack on the lame Obituary comment... HACKS!

Other than that... the film was pretty good. The supporting cast carried the picture.

That and the two hitmen who come to kill Frank (the highlights of the movie).

The question is this... when you paying millions of dollars for good actors... why give them such a crappy -script to work with?!

Can't they afford to spend some money on good writers?! SHEESH!

sign-rantpost.gif

P.S. - LXG was way better! headbang.gif