• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

****Thead Closed**** Mick’s Mix High Grade GA/SA/BA WAR,

139 posts in this topic

Good for you Robert! Thanks for removing temptation. I was interested in the USS Stevens story

lol That one was sorely tempting me as well

Me 3! :hi:

Our Army at War #218 9.2 White

1st appearance of one of the most underrated sagas of ALL time. I don’t know if DC ever will reprint these in Archive Edition or Showcase format, but the USS Stevens is truly THE best-kept secret among war comics collectors. Sam Glanzman LIVED these stories during his days as a sailor on the USS Stevens during WWII. Some day, people will understand the brilliance of emotion, action, tragedy, whimsy, and introspection that this series conveyed in the space of 4 pages each issue. I get the impression that there’re a lot of folks who give a nod to the better writing coming out of the Bronze Age, but that it doesn’t tend to carry the same nostalgic resonance of the Silver Age series. If ANY series could claim both qualities, it’s Sam Glanzman’s USS Stevens. I’ve never read anything in comics as stirring as Sam’s semi-autobiographical USS Stevens vignettes. This is the first appearance of his greatest work. Pretty copy of a scarcer issue of the 15¢ers. I’m only saying all this because most people have zilcho idea how monumental the Stevens saga is. There. . .I made my pitch. I’m an idgit for selling this.

OPG 9.2 $55.00

CGC 9.2 just sold on ebay for a whopping $117.00

Board price: $70.00

oaaw218f_zps169258db.jpg

oaaw218b_zpsa5b2629e.jpg

:takeit:

^^

Apologies. . .I promised some more and I'll work on some more this morning, but it's just a run of Roger's Detectives. Might be a couple oddball things I forgot about, but that's pretty much it fo SA/GA. Gotta scan and grade the small stack, so it'll be sporadic today.

All of these Detective Comics have been in my collection since the mid-80s--right around the time Miller's Dark Knight came out.

Detective Comics #466 9.0 White

OPG 9.0: $41.00

Board price: $25.00

tec466f_zps323fa50c.jpg

tec466b_zpsf5115d8c.jpg