• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What you collect sux thread

89 posts in this topic

I'm sick of lie detectors on talk shows. And reality tv about mundane jobs. And Chrysler. And people who think it's okay to eat pizza because the crust is whole wheat.

:applause: totally agree, especially with whole wheat pizza, YUCK

In my short time of collecting I really don't like modern comics much with the exception for a few and I hate 90s books

I disagree and here is why...

I am totally all about the Valiant relaunch... only thing I actually enjoy reading.

The current direction that they have taken Amazing Spider-man since 2008 has me reminiscing fondly about the Clone Saga era...

:cloud9:

lol

TWD sux.

I have never seen the show or read the comic, but TWD fans around here are extremely obnoxious about the series, and that has made me develop an irrational and baseless hatred for all things TWD.

TWD sux.

I have never seen the show or read the comic, but TWD fans around here are extremely obnoxious about the series, and that has made me develop an irrational and baseless hatred for all things TWD.

It could be worse. Can you imagine how full of Liefeld fan boys the modern forum would be if the boards had been around in 1992 with The Official Youngblood Discussion Thread and Die-cut vs. Lenticular, Which is More Rad!

TWD sux.

That can be true but the show and the comic are pretty awesome! You can get the DVDs and compendium 1&2 pretty cheap now. You definitely should (thumbs u

The TWD show sux!! It's 97% boring. The comic is pretty good, but only relative to how terrible almost all comic writing is. If it were any other medium (excepting perhaps whatever genre Twilight falls into) it'd languish in obscurity.

The TWD show sux!! It's 97% boring. The comic is pretty good, but only relative to how terrible almost all comic writing is. If it were any other medium (excepting perhaps whatever genre Twilight falls into) it'd languish in obscurity.

In all fairness, I don't know how much stock I can put in that. I mean, you like The Flash! :baiting:

In all fairness, I don't know how much stock I can put in that. I mean, you like The Flash! :baiting:

Ah, but I don't read that .

I enjoy TWD both in television and comic form but I'd rather get bitten by a zombie and spend the rest of existence searching for succulent, unlife-sustaining person-meat than engage in discussions of either. TWD fans, in aggregate, really are terrible.

I think I'm done with "new" Image comic books in general. Saga was as boring as anything else Brian K. Yawn writes. Revival is "meh" but at least Tim Seeley is putting out books on a regular basis. Now with it seeming like everything is getting the "continuing series" treatment along with 12-18 variant covers from multiple sources it feels like 1993 all over again.

The Grateful Dead sucks.

Peace,

Chip

:whatthe: I defy anyone not to like this (aside from the less than perfect audio :blush:)...

The solo is all-time top 10 material.

Heh... July 10th and 12th... is almost here.

A year ago I was packing the car for this...

I had an erotic dream about Henry Rollins last night, and I'm straight as an arrow.

Wait, what are we talking about again?

My biggest gripe is Variant covers craze. Just as someone said previously, it has gotten ridiculous again. In the 90's it became insane and for a while it had died down. People quit trying to buy them for investments and all that. But I see where it has picked up again. Yeah, I have no problem with Cover A or Cover B, or even the dealer incentive covers, but now Marvel has brought it all back. Blank covers, baby covers, Deadpool covers, I don't even care covers.

My biggest gripe is Variant covers craze. Just as someone said previously, it has gotten ridiculous again. In the 90's it became insane and for a while it had died down. People quit trying to buy them for investments and all that. But I see where it has picked up again. Yeah, I have no problem with Cover A or Cover B, or even the dealer incentive covers, but now Marvel has brought it all back. Blank covers, baby covers, Deadpool covers, I don't even care covers.

Its true it takes me forever to find the different deadpool covers and variants that sometimes i wont even bother getting them.

Get it out of your system, let the boards know what type of comics you hate.

Photo covers

boring giveaways

"metallic" ink variants

90s team comics with Liefeldian art.

Disrupted story arcs so the book can tie-in to the annual "event".

Big-eye Manga

psychedelic undergrounds with mediocre art and too much text

pretty much nailed it with this list. I dislike all of the above.