• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What you collect sux thread

89 posts in this topic

The TWD show sux!! It's 97% boring. The comic is pretty good, but only relative to how terrible almost all comic writing is. If it were any other medium (excepting perhaps whatever genre Twilight falls into) it'd languish in obscurity.

In all fairness, I don't know how much stock I can put in that. I mean, you like The Flash! :baiting:

Ah, but I don't read that .

So you collect it but you don't read it?

Yep. 99.99% of comics are terrible. The 0.01% that aren't, I'll probably survive having missed.

The Grateful Dead sucks.

Peace,

Chip

:whatthe: I defy anyone not to like this (aside from the less than perfect audio :blush:)...

The solo is all-time top 10 material.

I see no one could rise to my challenge. :sumo:

The TWD show sux!! It's 97% boring. The comic is pretty good, but only relative to how terrible almost all comic writing is. If it were any other medium (excepting perhaps whatever genre Twilight falls into) it'd languish in obscurity.

In all fairness, I don't know how much stock I can put in that. I mean, you like The Flash! :baiting:

Yep. 99.99% of comics are terrible. The 0.01% that aren't, I'll probably survive having missed.

Aw Speedy, say it ain't so. I thought you were one of the good guys :sorry:

The Grateful Dead sucks.

Peace,

Chip

:whatthe: I defy anyone not to like this (aside from the less than perfect audio :blush:)...

The solo is all-time top 10 material.

I see no one could rise to my challenge. :sumo:

Needs more bagpipe. :headbang:

If he's telling the truth, I don't get it. Why collect comics? If it's for investment purposes I can think of other things to invest in. (shrug)

If he's telling the truth, I don't get it. Why collect comics? If it's for investment purposes I can think of other things to invest in. (shrug)

Might be the same situation as I am in: which is I collect the new comics with the intent to read them but I end up not having time to do so. They pile up and I might eventually get to them but for the most part they end up bagged and boarded and in my comic box.

Might be the same situation as I am in: which is I collect the new comics with the intent to read them but I end up not having time to do so. They pile up and I might eventually get to them but for the most part they end up bagged and boarded and in my comic box.

Nope, I pretty much think almost all comics are poorly written. I think tons of the art is good, but not good enough to maintain my interest while reading a dumb story that I know is designed to go on forever.

I collect old comics, and I collect them as artifacts. Aside from the stories, I like just about everything about them. I like the art, love love LOVE some of the art, I like the characters, I like the history, I like the physical format, I like how they remind me of my childhood, I like coming on here and talking about them ... I like it all except reading them.

Of course, there are comics that I love to read too. Being a product of my generation, I'm a diehard Alan Moore worshipper.

I certainly don't buy them to invest. I don't intend ever to sell any of my comics, and I never buy with future profits in mind.

Is that hard to understand?

Blood follows blood and we make sure

Life ain’t for you and we’re the cure

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: