• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superior Foes of Spider-man

49 posts in this topic

Digging this. Best book of the week so far. And on an opposite note remember when The Authority was a must read? Props to Starlin for trying but its not working.

It was fun, like hawkeye...

In terms of speculation there are a few problems though....the marvel paper sucks and they pretty much alllll have spine dings...

2) people aren't really giving it a chance...funky name, another spiderman book...boomerang...

So I feel this one is gonna be a sleeper, surprise hit...If I was a betting man ( and I guess I am ) I'd say this will be like hawkeye....sets selling like crazy but #1 at 25 bucks in a year........

The reviews have been a little overenthusiastic in places but I think that's because it was picked up with no expectations from its readers. It does leave me wondering how many people have passed on this with their already bloated pull lists when seeing a title like "The Superior Foes...". It's come out of nowhere without much rhyme nor reason, the only time I have bothered with spin off villain titles in the past was to complete a run of some other ongoing crossover ridden saga... will be sticking around for this one, especially as I have unexpectedly been enjoying Superior Spider-Man as well.

What's the general consensus on Superior Spider-Man? Still a love / hate thing or have people come around to it mostly?

(... will be watching this one on the bay for the next couple of weeks. UK - About 81 left around cover and approx 170 sold. The listings are getting a ton of views. Imagine that a couple of retailers will be able to reload after the first lot go. Looks like this week Dexter / weird title / not your usual all star cast / etc has helped let this one slip. )

I still think Superior Spider-Man brought on a fresh story from a stale old book..

I <3 ASM. But wasn't too excited to read it every month, let alone twice.

I'm sure we will have ASM back one day, but for now... SS is fun.

:gossip: Haven't read Foes yet.. Will do soon.

i dont even care if it does well on ebay or whatever its just a good read.. one of the few comics i'm getting for just reading.. if it does well, great.. hope it does cuz the writing is a breath of fresh air with all the cookie cutter coming from marvel these days..

The reviews have been a little overenthusiastic in places but I think that's because it was picked up with no expectations from its readers. It does leave me wondering how many people have passed on this with their already bloated pull lists when seeing a title like "The Superior Foes...". It's come out of nowhere without much rhyme nor reason, the only time I have bothered with spin off villain titles in the past was to complete a run of some other ongoing crossover ridden saga... will be sticking around for this one, especially as I have unexpectedly been enjoying Superior Spider-Man as well.

What's the general consensus on Superior Spider-Man? Still a love / hate thing or have people come around to it mostly?

(... will be watching this one on the bay for the next couple of weeks. UK - About 81 left around cover and approx 170 sold. The listings are getting a ton of views. Imagine that a couple of retailers will be able to reload after the first lot go. Looks like this week Dexter / weird title / not your usual all star cast / etc has helped let this one slip. )

at first i thought it was pretty cool. but i miss parker, its just not the same.. i hate octopus way of speaking it gets on my nerves.. i stopped reading after number 9..has it gotten any better? also i dont rememebr the suit being changed but on the new covers the suit is really different..