• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Flipping a 25 cent comic and making $1700.. (True Story)

29 posts in this topic

Yes Surfer99 you should try it for at least a couple of weekends. There are times that I may make 20 trips and find nothing, but it's the times that I get lucky and find something that make up for the misses. Just don't give up if you don't find anything right away :)

The only "Flip" I have ever done was with the New 52 and everything that followed with that flash of buying and selling. I happened to live next to a Hastings in TX which didn't see much in the way of purchases towards the New 52. They were purchased here and there but always had rows left over. I happened to go onto eBay one day and saw an entire run go for a large amount. So I picked up three runs and sold all three for an average of $400. I'm not sure what the profit margin was but it did cover enough for a few slabs later on.

The only "flip" I ever made was for a Marvel Super-Heroes #12 CGC 9.6 picked up on Pedigree for $275 and sold in their very next auction for 3 times that much.