• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4th of July Project - Punisher Theme Rifle

76 posts in this topic

Aside from comics collecting I am also a shooting sports enthusiast and firearms collector. I thought it would be a fun 4th of July project to build a Punisher theme rifle so a couple weeks ago I started ordering parts. I've only built the lower half so far. I don't think I'll build the upper, it requires some specialized tools I don't want to purchase, so I will at some point just purchase a completed upper half when the funds become available.

I went with the Spikes lower receiver which features the Punisher skull logo on it. I'm not exactly sure how they can put that logo on their parts? I'd assume it's trade marked by Marvel/Disney? In either event I had been wanting one of these for a while now and spotted a deal online so I jumped on it and that sparked this project.

After finding the receiver I picked up a Magpul MOE grip and trigger guard, a lower parts kit from RRA and an A2 style stock. The stock didn't show up until yesterday so I got lucky it made it in time.

This was my first time assembling a rifle from parts, and I'm not really a mechanically inclined person. After about 3 hours of watching instructional videos, hammering and cursing, and having the wife stand in as an impromptu vice/extra pair of hands, everything came together with no parts left over.

Here's the before and after.

Punisher_Build1.jpg

Punisher_Build2.jpg

Edit: Upper Receiver Group Arrived!

Punisher_Build3.jpg

Edit: Put on the scope, a Nikon P223 3-9x40

Punisher_Build4.jpg

I went with the Spikes lower receiver which features the Punisher skull logo on it. I'm not exactly sure how they can put that logo on their parts? I'd assume it's trade marked by Marvel/Disney?

The skull is not an exact representation of the Punisher logo as it can be argued that the Punisher logo has changed periodically over the years and it is impossible to trademark an outline of a human skull.

There is nothing there directly pointing you toward the Punisher other than it being a skull and a gun. If that is the single criteria that is used to define an infringement I would venture to say that half the US military is in violation of trademark.

That will be a sweet rifle when you're done. Do they make any Punisher style parts for Glock?

Sure you can get a punisher logo slide plate cover. You can also get a few other pieces that have different logo's on them.

hqdefault.jpg

I went with the Spikes lower receiver which features the Punisher skull logo on it. I'm not exactly sure how they can put that logo on their parts? I'd assume it's trade marked by Marvel/Disney?

The skull is not an exact representation of the Punisher logo as it can be argued that the Punisher logo has changed periodically over the years and it is impossible to trademark an outline of a human skull.

There is nothing there directly pointing you toward the Punisher other than it being a skull and a gun. If that is the single criteria that is used to define an infringement I would venture to say that half the US military is in violation of trademark.

I didn't mention originally the company who produces the receiver marked with the SKull does market the item using the term Punisher, with the name and the skull logo I didn't know if that was any sort of issue with copyrights or trade marks.

In either event I'm glad I got one!

My inspiration for this build project came from some Bradstreet Punisher art. Already having owned M4 Carbine length rifles I wanted to build something that had a fixed stock and a 20" long barrel. It's a more ideal setup for longer range and competitive shooting.

I'm not sure when I'll go about getting the barreled upper half, they run upwards of $500, and there are a few other Punisher themed accessories to put on it, like this chamber dust cover.

SPIKES_PUNISHERFLAG__59276.1334713322.1280.1280.jpg

THE_PUNISHER_11_Tim_Bradstreet.jpg

But there is no reason for any mod to delete it.

???

-slym

Maybe moved then?

I'm still betting it'll go.

I agree with you, "there is no reason for any mod to delete it."...but it's just a gut feeling here.

Nice job. At least you won't need a FFL for the upper.

or is it lower.. I forget

the lower is the part that requires FFL transfer and background check. i can buy the upper whenever/whereever so yeah that will be nice, when I get around to it.

That will be a sweet rifle when you're done. Do they make any Punisher style parts for Glock?

Sure you can get a punisher logo slide plate cover. You can also get a few other pieces that have different logo's on them.

hqdefault.jpg

Punisher skull :takeit: