• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4th of July Project - Punisher Theme Rifle

76 posts in this topic

9635cb4195852604b0cbe9f0ddcd61a2.jpg

My liceanse plate frame

Nice!

Thanks, I've got a gloss black car so I had to get a cool punisher plate to get with it :headbang:

:sick: you be gettin' with your car??

:roflmao:

Figured I'd post an update for those that are interested.

I scored a pretty good deal on a new complete upper receiver. The upper is a Rock River Arms National Match A4 Upper. It's a flat top A4 receiver with a 20 inch barrel, which is what I was looking for, but it also has a National Match barrel and a few other small upgrades that weren't priorities but I don't mind having them either.

I had a carry handle/rear sight assembly I wasn't using that came from another rifle I put optics on, so for now I'll use the iron sights. At some point I plan on taking the carry handle off and mounting a nice optic, probably a Leupold 3-9x VX-II (or 4-12x).

Hopefully I'll get a chance to take it out to the range and run some 100 yard tests on it.

Punisher_Build3.jpg

I decided to go ahead and put an optic on the Punisher boom stick. I wear pretty high prescription glasses and have astigmatisms so to realisticly shoot at and above 100 yards I didn't feel like I'd be able to cut it with the iron sights.

I picked up this Nikon scope and Rings today and mounted it up. Hope to make it to the gun range tomorrow to test it all out.

Punisher_Build4.jpg

I decided to go ahead and put an optic on the Punisher boom stick. I wear pretty high prescription glasses and have astigmatisms so to realisticly shoot at and above 100 yards I didn't feel like I'd be able to cut it with the iron sights.

I picked up this Nikon scope and today and mounted it up. Hope to make it to the gun range tomorrow to test it all out.

Punisher_Build4.jpg

Nice weapon brother. I like the scope to it looks bad . Have you zerod it in yet!? I've seen guys who wear glasses do we'll over 300 yards.

Figured I'd post an update for those that are interested.

I scored a pretty good deal on a new complete upper receiver. The upper is a Rock River Arms National Match A4 Upper. It's a flat top A4 receiver with a 20 inch barrel, which is what I was looking for, but it also has a National Match barrel and a few other small upgrades that weren't priorities but I don't mind having them either.

I had a carry handle/rear sight assembly I wasn't using that came from another rifle I put optics on, so for now I'll use the iron sights. At some point I plan on taking the carry handle off and mounting a nice optic, probably a Leupold 3-9x VX-II (or 4-12x).

Hopefully I'll get a chance to take it out to the range and run some 100 yard tests on it.

Punisher_Build3.jpg

I like the look without the scope, just a classically cool profile.

Nice weapon brother. I like the scope to it looks bad . Have you zerod it in yet!? I've seen guys who wear glasses do we'll over 300 yards.

I laser sighted it in across the room, which usually gets me on paper, but I'll zero it at 100 yards tomorrow when I get out to the range.

I laser sighted it in across the room, which usually gets me on paper, but I'll zero it at 100 yards tomorrow when I get out to the range.

Nice, the one thing I hate about going to the range is cleaning your weapon all day afterwards. Did you buy the scope and laser separate? Do you have full auto and burst on your weapon as well?

Nice, the one thing I hate about going to the range is cleaning your weapon all day afterwards. Did you buy the scope and laser separate? Do you have full auto and burst on your weapon as well?

No my dad gave me the laser a while ago as a b-day present. You just slide it down the barrel and it puts a laser dot on the wall, then you look through your scope and adjust the cross hairs until it's all lined up. Since a bullet is subjected to the laws of gravity, ofcourse, it's not a perfect solution for getting your scope zero'd but it's good enough to get you hitting the target, and you can adjust it up/down/left/right at the shooting range.

This rifle, and all firearms I own, isn't full auto or burst capable. It's just semi-automatic. The cost of owning an automatic weapon is way to prohibitive for me to ever go down that road, unless I win the lotto or something.

No my dad gave me the laser a while ago as a b-day present. You just slide it down the barrel and it puts a laser dot on the wall, then you look through your scope and adjust the cross hairs until it's all lined up. Since a bullet is subjected to the laws of gravity, ofcourse, it's not a perfect solution for getting your scope zero'd but it's good enough to get you hitting the target, and you can adjust it up/down/left/right at the shooting range.

This rifle, and all firearms I own, isn't full auto or burst capable. It's just semi-automatic. The cost of owning an automatic weapon is way to prohibitive for me to ever go down that road, unless I win the lotto or something.

I didn't know that. I love going to the ranges and letting it rip on full auto and burst but in a war time situation it's best to have it on semi to conserve ammo. We've always zerod with iron sights first when we qualify. My best qualify was a 39-40 I hit all my three hundreds. Since then though the best I've got is a 32 lol

I finally got a chance to get out and test the Punisher theme rifle. I took the scope off that I was planning on using an just shot it with iron sights at 50 yards today. I got the iron sights adjusted pretty well I think. Next time I'll put the scope back on and spend some time trying to shoot at the same hole at 100 yards.

I finally got a chance to get out and test the Punisher theme rifle. I took the scope off that I was planning on using an just shot it with iron sights at 50 yards today. I got the iron sights adjusted pretty well I think. Next time I'll put the scope back on and spend some time trying to shoot at the same hole at 100 yards.

Nice, I just went to the range this last weekend. Have you ever done pop up targets?

Nice, I just went to the range this last weekend. Have you ever done pop up targets?

No my range doesn't have anything fun like that, just paper targets stapled to cardboard stands.

No my range doesn't have anything fun like that, just paper targets stapled to cardboard stands.

Those are cool to. Nice weapon though...

I prefer frozen water jugs and/or pumpkins on my range myself. ;)

Great job anyway! :)