• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM A Date With Judy 5

6 posts in this topic

I don't collect Golden Age, so I'm not too familiar with printing issues from this period/publisher/title. Maybe it's more common than I realize, but here we go.

There is overhang on the right side. Some from spine roll, but most from a miscut cover. In hand (and maybe some from the scan), you can see the vertical black line where the cover s/h/b cut, leaving some additional white paper (from another copy's back cover?). The pages inside are fine, with just a little overhang on the top page of the centerfold (nothing close to what happened to the cover).

There are also two creases which may be production-related (Front: from Judy's left armpit to the edge of the cover. Back: under "New" in "New Handbook"). I have a Silver-Age book with a similar crease that many here identified as production, but it was not as long as these two.

Thanks for checking out the coast-to-coast favorite.

Judy5f_zps1c37e601.jpg

Judy5b_zpsb0b379ec.jpg

Production defects are far more common in GA books than later periods, but none of the ones in this book would impact the grade any further than the dirt and wear already do.

Production defects are far more common in GA books than later periods, but none of the ones in this book would impact the grade any further than the dirt and wear already do.

Kind of what I thought, on both counts. Thanks for commenting.