• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

***PGM*** Marvel Tales 93 - 1st issue! (1949)

4 posts in this topic

OK. So this has been restored except this book is so damn rare, I don't care.

I don't know what you would call this resto work. It has about 10 little tear seals on the inside covers and it has back cover color touch in about 8 spots (trying to cover the tears on the back cover?? why bother!). Looks like acrylic paint. It looks like an old restoration job too...staples look like they may have been replaced.

Grade? Amateur/professional? What level of resto? Or should I ask that other forum? What level should I submit it to? I don't want to disclose how much I paid.... (shrug) I have no idea because I don't deal with restored and how FMV works....Any guesses? I'll be submitting to CGC and giving yall the results. Winner gets....?

MARVEL%20TALES%2093.jpg

MARVEL%20TALES%2093%20001.jpg

I'd think it would be considered slight resto (A) with apparent grade 4.0, maybe 4.5.

Nice eye-appeal. Not sure why you would want to get it slabbed unless you only keep slabbed copies in your collection, as it will for sure come back with a purple label

I'd think it would be considered slight resto (A) with apparent grade 4.0, maybe 4.5.

Nice eye-appeal. Not sure why you would want to get it slabbed unless you only keep slabbed copies in your collection, as it will for sure come back with a purple label

Good question. I think mainly for preservation. Also since it is so rare, it's one of those golden oldies that defy purple labels despite it being a purple label. Thanks for your opinion!