• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Perez Avengers Volume 1 art for sale and prices reduced on others

4 posts in this topic

hi folks,

This is my "i am not going to San Diego" sale- up for grabs is an Avengers 196 page by George Perez and Jack Abel as the team readies itself to converge on the Taskmaster's Headquarters........... and I have reduced the price on a number of pieces including a Marvel Fanfare/Black Widow page, a Sal Buscema Hulk page and a few others. Take a look here: Contact me thru my CAF gallery if interesed in any of the for sale art.

http://cafurl.com?i=148

Thanks for looking!

Robert Frey

a bump here.......... just added a nice Perez Wonder Woman Splash to the For Sale Gallery........... The price reflects that the previous owner peeled off all of the word balloons so it would take a few dollars to clean this up and restore it to its former glory............ Also, the price on the Buscema Hulk has been reduced. There is still some nice art available for you folks who can't make San Diego.

Your gallery of Perez Avengers is amazing - so many memorable pages for me from that 140 up to 170 something era.

The later half with Shooter was when I started buying & I remember how shocked I was at the Cap/Iron Man dust up from the second Ultron arc.

I can't think of a more memorable Scarlet Witch page.

:cloud9:

Thank you very much for the kind words! Yes, those stories rocked. While there have been many high points in the book's history with many fine creative teams, I think that from around issue 141 until the end of the Korvac saga ranks among the best ever. You had Englehart and then Shooter at the top of their games and then you watched Perez blossom from a raw talent into a real star, something that really emerged when he left to do the Titans for DC. Too bad he couldn't do all the issues during that run but I am very happy to have some of those high points.