• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which is a better buy ToS39 or Avengers1?

27 posts in this topic

My 2c:

TOS 39 is the 1st appearance of a major character.

Avengers 1 is the 1st appearance of a team of characters that have appeared before (including the one from TOS).

This is an eerily similar argument/discussion happening in another thread (Brave and the Bold 28 versus Showcase 22). In this case, both books are already well established staples of comic collecting and I am not sure arguing whether a first appearance of a character or team will gain the OP any insight into their question.

The original question was about investment, consensus seemed to be that TOS 39 was the better money play.

Don't neccesarily agree, but whom am I to disagree with this panel of experts! (worship)

Honestly, can't go too wrong with either!

My opinion was based on investment. It just so happens to also be a better comic in general.

My 2c:

TOS 39 is the 1st appearance of a major character.

Avengers 1 is the 1st appearance of a team of characters that have appeared before (including the one from TOS).

This is an eerily similar argument/discussion happening in another thread (Brave and the Bold 28 versus Showcase 22). In this case, both books are already well established staples of comic collecting and I am not sure arguing whether a first appearance of a character or team will gain the OP any insight into their question.

The original question was about investment, consensus seemed to be that TOS 39 was the better money play.

Don't neccesarily agree, but whom am I to disagree with this panel of experts! (worship)

Honestly, can't go too wrong with either!

My opinion was based on investment. It just so happens to also be a better comic in general.

I wasn't insinuating that it wasn't.

Just restated the framing of the OP's question in my post.

Yup, so now my order of options if my next purchase is.... BB 28, or SC 22 or ToS 39 or AV 1

My vote would be to buy them all! :cloud9:

Dude you already have them all! :)

Why yes...... hm Yes I do! :cool: