• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Action Comics #76

5 posts in this topic

Hello and thanks for the forum. Picked up a couple of great books over the weekend and was wondering the boards thoughts on this book. Lays flat with nice gloss and tight staples but does have a 2" tear along the bottom spine. 1 inch along the spine and then runs another inch into the cover.

Again, thanks in advance.

Action76fr_zps316a7f68.jpeg

Also, at first I thought the staining along the back spine might be mold but turns out it was ink rubbed off from other books stored in the stack.

Action76bck_zpsf675a82c.jpeg

th_ac76bc_zps828f467b.jpg th_ac76cntrfld_zpscc1cd1f2.jpg th_ac76tear_zpsc674d12b.jpg

either no supes love on the boards or maybe this is a hard one. I'll take a stab.

check the top left area in red....it looks a little color touch suspicious....

I don't know how bad the rips look but I know CGC can either hammer them or take kindly to them. If they take bad to them, a 2.5. If they show some love 3.5/4.0. cheers.

Yeah, the red on the cover was slightly off when printed. You can see the color overlap on the spine, in the title, and on Superman's boots. Plus the quality of downsizing the scan in PB didn't help. lol

Action76fr2_zps0599c945.jpg

It would be hard to phantom that this had any restoration on it. I bought it from the original owner who plucked it off the newstands back in the day. He had a great collection up for sale. Hopefully I can snag a few more books from him.