• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cool Lines Art

107 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

For Cool Lines Art and their OA without prices, do you email them first or go through their checkout system?

I know, dumb question. But they don't make it easy. Heh.

Thanks!

Hey everyone,

For Cool Lines Art and their OA without prices, do you email them first or go through their checkout system?

I know, dumb question. But they don't make it easy. Heh.

Thanks!

No, they don't, because they are scam artists. Just know that whatever price you get from them, is likely to change if you take more than a micro-second to accept it. And also know you will pay around five times anything resembling fair market value. If you are fine with those situations, go for it. Best of luck to you. You'll need it.

yes be very cautious, they are are great if you have questions about comic history etc. and on a rare occasion they will give you a good deal (to your benefit) on trade if its something they really really want. but generally they are very very high!

Well they emailed be back. And you guys were right. They wanted astromical prices for some panel pages from some Darkhawk issues. Yowzas!

I bought a couple of pieces from them (a fiction house page and a humorama cartoon) that weren't so expensive, they responded quickly to my e-mails and shipping was good. I will mention that one of the pieces, the humorama, was much more tanned than their scan showed.

I have to give them props for their quick response! Just because I don't agree with their prices doesn't mean they are wrong. Don't want people thinking I'm badmouthing them

I heard they were actually very approachable with decent prices at this years heroes. However, I'll never forget that $5000 micronauts #1 panel page. It was nice but not that nice!!! Either way, not advertising their prices certainly hurts them.

I heard they were actually very approachable with decent prices at this years heroes. However, I'll never forget that $5000 micronauts #1 panel page. It was nice but not that nice!!! Either way, not advertising their prices certainly hurts them.

I don't think they care. I think they look at it like crazy collectors, you know like you just love a piece you have and here is no way you'd let it go for under (insert crazy high price here), only it's everything they have. It's seems that if they never sold anything they wouldn't give a sh*t

I bought a couple of pieces from them (a fiction house page and a humorama cartoon) that weren't so expensive, they responded quickly to my e-mails and shipping was good. I will mention that one of the pieces, the humorama, was much more tanned than their scan showed.

A piece not as described? How could that be?!?! :o

Yeah, they're good with the communication,

Well..."fast" with communication is more accurate, the quality of the information is case by case.

... However, I'll never forget that $5000 micronauts #1 panel page. It was nice but not that nice!!! ...

WHATWHATWHAAA???

Normally I wouldn't openly quote prices I've been given, but your post made me spit-take my soda all over my computer screen.

I assume you're talking about this...

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=889832

They quoted ME (noted MICRONAUTS collector) $7000. :mad:

Either a gouge aimed toward a perceived easy mark, or a price increase intended to discourage me from buying? Or maybe the price increased after a couple years of sitting at merely 5k?

Mind you, I have the page in my collection now; owing only to the generosity of one other collector, who may possibly have taken the brunt of the gouge to get it into my collection. You know who you are. (worship)

Andrew

It's seems that if they never sold anything they wouldn't give a sh*t

Then why even make it a business? Just be a collector and hoard your art. Why waste other people's valuable time and energy? Just makes them look even more like scam artists, if such is the case.

Maybe they are time travelers who come from the future and bring comic art prices from the world they call home, 3013 and the respective prices of those pieces are actually fair and reasonable... a thousand years from now... but are available to us Earthlings here today to barter with them for their valued possessions...

Have made an inquiry before and did expect the price to be high. Was higher than I thought they would come back with, and also immediately offered a discount with a time limit on it. I have no problems with sales tactics being used and if they can sell one page at 2-3x market value over a longer period of time then they are doing well. There are clearly people willing to pay close to the asking prices. I just won't be one of them, which considering what I spend on OA (average per piece) is not going to be much of a loss to them :)