• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thor/Avengers Disassemble-Questions/Potential Spoilers

8 posts in this topic

Okay just read Thor #84 and Avengers #501 and while they were okay they left me wondering where all of this is going. Looks like Thor is going to pull the plug on everything but what can we expect for the last issue? It better be a doubled-sized issue at the very least, will the Watcher make an apperance and intervene? Was that Odin's brothers Bor & Buri sitting with him? What did Thor refuse to do when he left them to return to Asgard?

I must say that I like DiVito's and Oeming's work, very sharp. Also, since they screwed up the cover of issue #84 by saying part 4 of 6 do you think they will rerun that issue with a corrected cover and limited production? What better way to spark a collectors frenzy and grab a easy 75,000 units in sales.

Okay just read Thor #84 and Avengers #501 and while they were okay they left me wondering where all of this is going. Looks like Thor is going to pull the plug on everything but what can we expect for the last issue? It better be a doubled-sized issue at the very least, will the Watcher make an apperance and intervene? Was that Odin's brothers Bor & Buri sitting with him? What did Thor refuse to do when he left them to return to Asgard?

I must say that I like DiVito's and Oeming's work, very sharp. Also, since they screwed up the cover of issue #84 by saying part 4 of 6 do you think they will rerun that issue with a corrected cover and limited production? What better way to spark a collectors frenzy and grab a easy 75,000 units in sales.

If its circular as they say I think Thor Will blow up Asgard!

Or summon Galactus to devour Asgard only to be stopped by the Watcher? The irony of this whole story is that Thor talks about ending the endless cycle yet Marvel is ending the series and will probably be reactivating it in another form in the new year. makepoint.gif If they don't then there will be hell to pay.

But that's what Thor was saying he would not do. He was wise to the plans of the puppet masters (the guys who were watching him -- forget their names). Creation had been destroyed and re-created several time but Odin (thru the runes) was able to see a way out of the cycle. That's why he bonded Thor with Donald Blake. He new that Thor, as a result of being part mortal, would act in a way that would not be predicted by the gods. Thor was Odin's way of breaking the cycle.

As for what he will do... no idea. We'll just have to wait and see.

But that's what Thor was saying he would not do. He was wise to the plans of the puppet masters (the guys who were watching him -- forget their names). Creation had been destroyed and re-created several time but Odin (thru the runes) was able to see a way out of the cycle. That's why he bonded Thor with Donald Blake. He new that Thor, as a result of being part mortal, would act in a way that would not be predicted by the gods. Thor was Odin's way of breaking the cycle.

Interesting take on mortal/rune stuff. I am hoping for a 100 page issue next month.

They way Ive seen it Asgard was allways beeign rebuilt from its ashes.

Well if Thor Totally obliterates it there will be nothing to Return to.

The remaining Gods wil live on Earth becomming one with mortals and rasing the mortal to Godhood over genrations!

They way Ive seen it Asgard was allways beeign rebuilt from its ashes.

Well if Thor Totally obliterates it there will be nothing to Return to.

The remaining Gods wil live on Earth becomming one with mortals and rasing the mortal to Godhood over genrations!

I shudder at the thought. Thor needs those mystical far off places where legends of old can be told, villains can emerge, etc. Now this has got me thinking. Will Thor sacrifice himself so that the threat of Surter/Ragarnok and the setting ablaze of the nine worlds if finally eliminated? Later on Asgard, rises from the ashes and a new Thor series begins. confused-smiley-013.gif