• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Salvador Larroca???

15 posts in this topic

Does anyone know how to go about gaining some of Salvador Larroca's Original pages from the Marvel Now Series Cable and X-Force? I'm a huge fan of this series and All New X-Men but have yet to have found anything outside of two cover pages that were done by others. I've tried comicartfans.com and messaging a few others that attended a few con's to see if he had anything on hand but so far nothing. Any agents or anyone else know of a way???

Any help would be appreciated. :wishluck:

K

I appreciate it. It does suck that artists have started to lay down the pencil and inks for this route and hope that in 10 to 15 years they aren't all doing this. I have noticed some do the proofs now which seems like a much cheaper alternative. When looking at the ones I got from David Marquez I have to say there is a difference but with it being easier on the artists I am afraid this might be there new route. Here's two of the proof's I got for All New X-Men when David Marquez took the reigns for a short three time. The way it was explained when I picked them up was

"David draws the majority of his interior artwork digitally at extremely high resolution. As part of his process, he then creates these black and white giclée proofs to judge the quality of the finished art."

I hope its not true but since I haven't found anything am afraid it may be.

K

ANXM8_Page13.jpg

ANXM_6_P08.jpg

Proofs? Yuck, that sounds like a major step down from OA. Is the deal that they're supposed to be one-of-a-kind prints? Like, the artist promises never to make another one?

Yep, pretty much as stated, one and done:

"In order to produce his highly precise and technical style, David draws the majority of his interior artwork digitally at nearly four times the resolution of an actual comic page. As part of his process, he then creates black and white giclée proofs to judge the quality of the finished art, printed at the same incredibly high resolution as it was created.

When each book is released, David makes a single Artist's Proof of each page available for sale.

These Artist's Proofs were made in Austin, Texas using an Epson Stylus Photo 1400 printer on 11"x17" Strathmore 500 Series Plate Bristol. Each Artist's Proof is signed and labelled by the artist."

I don't know if it's a step down, but definitely the only way you 'll get any of his art from that run. It's a new age.

It's all I have now, and unfortunately with more and more artists going towards this as there form of chosen production its sad to say but where I think the market will eventually lead. 10 - 15 Years and the artists we see will probably do this due to its ease and availability to easily change or alter there art to match the storyline best.

On one hand once they're signed by the artist they don't look bad at all and if I can at the Wizard World Austin since he will be in attendance maybe I can get it certified as his original print. Who knows, but I do think its sad that this is where we are going.

I have a few of David's proofs from that run as well. At least he offers those as an alternative. You have to wonder if collector's will be purchasing digital copyrights from the artists in the future? (shrug)

Which did you pick up? I was possibly looking at grabbing something from his Ultimate Spider-Man line. He's a really nice guy and does have an amazing amount of talent outside of the computer world. Even picked up a few blank covers by him. First saw him at Austin Books and Comics and then outside Fort Hood at America's Heroes.

Please don't say you got page 2 & 12 of Issue 6 David said I was minutes away from getting them.... hm

It's all I have now, and unfortunately with more and more artists going towards this as there form of chosen production its sad to say but where I think the market will eventually lead. 10 - 15 Years and the artists we see will probably do this due to its ease and availability to easily change or alter there art to match the storyline best.

On one hand once they're signed by the artist they don't look bad at all and if I can at the Wizard World Austin since he will be in attendance maybe I can get it certified as his original print. Who knows, but I do think its sad that this is where we are going.

Someone would have to work pretty hard to make me think that was anything more than an ink jet print. :sorry:

As for where things will be in 15-20 years ... I suspect the SA Infantino Flash & Adam Strange I so crave will not have gone digital-only. lol

I have a few of David's proofs from that run as well. At least he offers those as an alternative. You have to wonder if collector's will be purchasing digital copyrights from the artists in the future? (shrug)

Which did you pick up? I was possibly looking at grabbing something from his Ultimate Spider-Man line. He's a really nice guy and does have an amazing amount of talent outside of the computer world. Even picked up a few blank covers by him. First saw him at Austin Books and Comics and then outside Fort Hood at America's Heroes.

Please don't say you got page 2 & 12 of Issue 6 David said I was minutes away from getting them.... hm

These are my two:

SKMBT_C45413052407480_0001.jpg

SKMBT_C45413052407470_0001.jpg

Someone would have to work pretty hard to make me think that was anything more than an ink jet print. :sorry:

As for where things will be in 15-20 years ... I suspect the SA Infantino Flash & Adam Strange I so crave will not have gone digital-only. lol

Come on, Dan! Well of course they'll still be there, but for those of us who still enjoy the current run of some titles, the art just isn't there. David Aja has done some awesome work on the new Hawkeye book, but no art is available because he works strictly digital. I don't know if you're familiar with the upcoming King's Watch book, but it has Flash Gordon, The Phantom and Mandrake the Magician, some really great old school characters that I love. Marc Laming is doing the art there and had some great previews. I contacted him to see if the art would be available and alas, no, he works digital as well and was actually surprised anyone would be interested in having it. Hand drawn, hand inked is slowly fading away in the digital age.

Come on, Dan! Well of course they'll still be there, but for those of us who still enjoy the current run of some titles, the art just isn't there. David Aja has done some awesome work on the new Hawkeye book, but no art is available because he works strictly digital. I don't know if you're familiar with the upcoming King's Watch book, but it has Flash Gordon, The Phantom and Mandrake the Magician, some really great old school characters that I love. Marc Laming is doing the art there and had some great previews. I contacted him to see if the art would be available and alas, no, he works digital as well and was actually surprised anyone would be interested in having it. Hand drawn, hand inked is slowly fading away in the digital age.

That's why what I collect rox, what you collect... :baiting:

Does anyone know how to go about gaining some of Salvador Larroca's Original pages from the Marvel Now Series Cable and X-Force? I'm a huge fan of this series and All New X-Men but have yet to have found anything outside of two cover pages that were done by others. I've tried comicartfans.com and messaging a few others that attended a few con's to see if he had anything on hand but so far nothing. Any agents or anyone else know of a way???

Any help would be appreciated. :wishluck:

K

Have you tried going through Jim Warden?

http://www.whatashock.com/doasales/sal.html

That's why what I collect rox, what you collect... :baiting:

lol:kidaround: