• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Time is Running Out

5 posts in this topic

or It is Said, Time is Money

It's early and I sit awake. My time in bed was shorter than I would have liked. My schedule has been flipped and now I work again for a paycheck. Fortunately it will be a weekly paycheck, but my wallet spasms without money being added everyday rather than every week. I never spent the money that I drew in from accepting tips from tables until I deposited the funds for bills. I knew this month would be strenuous. I went so far as paying a little over double my electric and gas bills last month. This paid off. My gas bill came in the other day with a credit owed. I hope my electric will arrive the same way.

The last of my CGC graded books have been coming in and I have been living vicariously through RonnyLama and Bagofleas with what they have been adding to their collection. I do get a joy out of seeing Ronnylama giddy with excitement on acquiring an Alpha Flight #1 9.9 SS and all eleven New Mutants issues getting safely back to Bagofleas through the Surfer. I am going to Baltimore; I already made the plans and arrangements. I just have to get tickets...and time off from work. And that part will be more difficult. They know I am off for my vacation to Hawaii and my trepidation is causing fear to escalate if I made the right choice and to add another old adage to this journal, "Only time will tell".

I broke the 400 registered book goal I imposed on myself. I also broke the 30,000 point barrier as well. I will have a few more books trickle in, but those books will have a minimum point addition. Three are New Mutants issues that should be safely at CGC. Is it too much to ask that they come back in a 9.8, as they were sent out in that condition? I also have two more going to Chicago. Both Annuals Bagofleas already had returned to him. Both two and three were returned safe and sound. I too wish to have those signed and had planned to do so before I found out of the good news the grandmaster of all fleas had the idea for the very same. I however wanted Alan Davis, where as he went with Chris Claremont. Fortunately, Chris was added to the bill and I hope to have both, provided there are no problems.

Well, it is comic book day and I plan on seeing my dad as I do every Wednesday. And as always...Thanks for Reading

Tnerb

PS. I think I might have my next journal be something completely different.

Pps. Random photo of me and a book I had taken care of for Lee K.

14005.JPG

See more journals by Tnerb

Nice journal Tnerb. I can't believe your at Rank 407 already...soon you will be in the 300s. It wasn't that long ago that I had more points than you did...the only way I can catch you now is to buy more X-men books, but even then it's not likely.

By the way, that X-men #140 would look great next to your X-men 109! Lee K who? lol

sig.jpg

It's an awesome book and like Surfer said everyone lately has been screaming up the list. I'm still stuck in my ways of the Modern, Sketch, and Variant but have lately succumbed to the Silver Age. Would like to break 600 before the end of this year.

In a side note, its awesome everyone is starting to post photo's of themselves on here. Always good to place a face with the name. Figured at Wizard World Austin I may walk around with a I'm K-Man shirt on day one....