• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CNBC says HIGH END art buying boom will continue for 10 years!

45 posts in this topic

Yeah, I think one has to accept that prices of talk and values are the number 1 discussion point no matter what board you are on because its the one issue that impacts everyone.

Keep those posts coming Gene. I will always read a well reasoned and thoughtful post backed up by examples and a seasoned OA collectors insight.

I'll even read and enjoy said post when I DON'T agree! :ohnoez:

Imagine that.

Scott

Well, an endorsement from Scott Williams to keep posting is good enough for me. (thumbs u See you in San Diego (flying out in a matter of hours)!

"You can't predict, but you can prepare... the limits on our foreknowledge needn't doom us to failure as long as we acknowledge them and act accordingly." - Howard Marks :preach:

Original art is going up and has continued to go up since 2008 while limited editions, etchings, signed works have plummeted. If you have an original Miro or Picasso your works have doubled, tripled in the last 5-years. If you have a signed limited edition print, they can be going for as little as 25% of their 2008 values. Comic art is considered original art and is holding steady and still in demand. Comic art is also its own animal with its own consumer base.

I have some of those plummets limited editions :(

Original art is going up and has continued to go up since 2008 while limited editions, etchings, signed works have plummeted. If you have an original Miro or Picasso your works have doubled, tripled in the last 5-years. If you have a signed limited edition print, they can be going for as little as 25% of their 2008 values. Comic art is considered original art and is holding steady and still in demand. Comic art is also its own animal with its own consumer base.

I have some of those plummets limited editions :(

This happens in all the collectibles fields.

The real good rare stuff goes up long term, while manufactured modern mediocre stuff sells GOOD short term then plummets long term.

Same will happen here in the oa world,as the Kirby,Ditko,Adams,Barks,Frazetta type level artist will go up, but the modern sig wannabees will go down.

Kind of like Action Comics 1 and Detective Comics 27,and not the latest pile of the new modern CGC 9.8 variant covers.