• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pedigree Auction

10 posts in this topic

Epic Wolvie sale

Just received my newest addition in the mail yesterday. It was part of the recent pedigree comics auction from Professor Pecora, here on the boards selling his Wolverine collection. Due to funds I didn't really go after anything major. I ended up winning Wolverine 138, which doesn't really have much significance other than I like the story and its a great cover.

In other news I'm hoping my current invoice with CGC will be done in around a month so I can share it with you all, as well as my order I sent to DWC for SDCC.

As a side note that has nothing to do with anything really, I figured I'd share a happening from a store I frequent in Va Beach. While I was in town last week browsing books someone came in and sold a 9.8 white pages Amazing Spider-Man 121. Well someone just bought it today for $3500. That is definitely a grail for me. But also not in my immediate future, at least at that grade.

14007.JPG

See more journals by meshuggah

Thanks for sharing!!

Wolverine #138 truly has an awesome-looking cover! Galactus VS Wolverine!! CRAZY!

Moreover, I am pleased to see that one of my Wolverine (1988) books found a new home with you! It looks great!! :-)

It took a tremendous amount of planning, time, finances, and energy to pull-off an auction of that magnitude, but WOW - was it worth it!

Once all of the payments are in on ALL of my consignments through Pedigree, and after I receive some major Bronze Age Grails, I am going to write an "official" debriefing on my Wolverine Grand Auction!

In the meantime, TRUST ME, you CAN acquire your copy of ASM #121 CGC 9.8 WP in due time, maybe even before you think, with some creative solutions! I have done it many times, and have acquired books I never thought I would in such a short amount of time, but somehow I managed to make it work!!

I wish you the best in all of your CGC collecting goals, and good luck with your recent submissions with DWC for SDCC!!

Let me know if I can help with anything!

Best,

-Professor Pecora

Hey M,

That is a very cool comic! I had no idea those two would ever go toe-to-toe.

I know the Big G would probably turn Wolvie into a sub atomic particle with a mere thought but a part of me would love to see him slice his oversized helmet in half with his adamantium claws!

Congrats on the acquisition!

And to the Professor... that was an incredible collection you put together... what are you working on now?

SW3D

Thanks SW3D!

I'll miss my Wolverine books - especially issue #1 CGC SS 9.9 (Stan Lee) - as it is the only one of its kind in the world!! Moreover, I am proud to claim a world record with that sale cresting over 10K!!!

In terms of what I am working on now (or what I already have in the mix), is attaining ALL of the major Bronze Age Grails in CGC 9.8 AND completing an entire X-Men #94 - #143 run in CGC 9.8 or better!!

Within the next month or so, I will be showcasing my latest acquisitions in separate journals to share with the collecting community. I am definitely looking forward to writing thorough reviews of each book I add to my collection, and providing super high definition professional scans as well!

I have decided that I will compose and post a journal for every new future acquisition, so I can keep a personal log of my collecting journey and how my collection evolves over time! :-)

Thanks again for your response!

-Professor Pecora

I am so looking forward to reading about your Bronze Grail Collection and X-Men.

Your attention to detail and love/passion for comics is not only inspiring but a true testament of what a total collection should be about.

You are like a living breathing pedigree.

I would love to meet you if you ever attend NYComicCon.

Congrats on the World Record sales generated revenue.

All the best,

SW3D

Dear SW3D,

I am honored to receive such encouraging words from you!!

I am taking it with a humble spirit, because with your feedback...YOU have inspired me to continue doing what I do in the comic collecting world, and I will make sure that my new postings are of the highest caliber!!

THANK YOU my brother!!

Since I am a native New Yorker, I would love to meet up with you sometime at the New York Comic Con!!

Unfortunately, I am not sure if I'll be able to make it in 2013, as it looks like I will be moving in the next several months from Denver, CO to Atlanta, GA, as my wife has been offered a similar position within her company - and the move is now inevitable!

Moreover, we both also desire to be back on the East Coast, and since she has lived in Atlanta for 16 years previously and has family there, "Hotlanta" will become my new stomping grounds!!

The good news is that it will be much easier to fly right into NYC on a direct flight, so I am excited about that!!

We'll keep in touch!!

Thanks again!!! :-)

-Professor Pecora

I didn't think I could inspire anyone... and so flattered by your kindest of comments. I don't doubt your journals and collection will be anything short of exceptional. And this is great since it raises the bar for us all.

Let me also say...Welcome Back to the East Coast.

Although I have no planned travel for the ATL... if I should make the journey for a con or a leisure trip... i might look you up.

Best of luck with the move!

SW3D

Dear Rev,

I just now understood what you meant by "coming to visit it anytime," as I approved of your CGC Certification Transfer Request on the Wolverine #1 CGC SS 9.9 earlier today!

WOW! So you are the one in which I passed the torch onto! Congratulations my brother!!

Listen, send me a PM with your personal e-mail address, so that I can send you the high resolution front and back scans to display this wonderful book in your set - free of charge!

-Professor Pecora