• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-man 101 - First Appearance of Morbius

28 posts in this topic

Normal Rules - One book sale.

Paypal please add 3%. Shipping $6

Up for grabs is a copy of Amazing Spider-man #101, the first appearance of Spidey Villan Morbius.

Very nice looking copy. Clean with great color, a great presenting copy. Does have some spine marks shown in the scan. But all around a rather pretty and well presented copy! Not bad for a non-pressed Affordable silver age key. (thumbs u

Hello!

Welcome to the "Comics Market - Forum Only Selling" board!

The moderators have asked everyone around here to help educate new comers about the posting rules for this forum so that we can keep things running smoothly. So whenever we see a new thread go up that's missing some of the information required by the rules, someone will generally happen along and post this reminder (by moderator request).

You can find the posting guidelines here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1460472&page=1#Post1460472

Specifically, you should check out #9.

They are well worth reading, because your posts can be removed from the boards if they don't conform to the guidelines. This will help you to attract more buyers as well, since this is how people expect to have books offered around here.

Thanks, and glad to have you here!

That will be the hottest BA book of 2014.

Why?

Because Morbius is a great character. :)

Anyway, the new series looks pretty decent compared to most of what Marvel has been putting out in years – I browsed the last issues and it seems we are somewhat getting in line with Michael Morbius' character.

The new series is not that bad, nothing to write home about.... But they are starting to get it right.

I agree with at some point this book is going to go crazy. Spider-man movie #9 maybe? :devil:

The new series has already been canceled, I believe.

So I guess it wasn't that great :insane:

I've always categorized Morbius with Moon Knight. One of those cult characters Ive always liked, but who can't carry their own book and is generally dismissed by others.

Morbius' 1st appearance wins by a mile, though IMHO

Being a Spidey key really helps it. All the Spider-philes have to get it, even the casual ones who just want all the minor keys from the run (I'm including myself here).

With the new price I’m pretty much sure it will fly away! (thumbs u

The new series has already been canceled, I believe.

So I guess it wasn't that great :insane:

I've always categorized Morbius with Moon Knight. One of those cult characters Ive always liked, but who can't carry their own book and is generally dismissed by others.

Honestly, if the reason for Marvel books cancellation was quality, we would have almost none left! lol

Joking apart, from the little I have read, the new Morbius series started a bit weak but the writer was trying to make it right, IMO, I mean he was not just trying to write something "he liked" but rather he was trying to write a Marvel series, looking at the character’s history. The fact that Spidey is currently up did not help, anyway… :P

The original Fear run by Steve Gerber was qualitatively excellent, but did not survive, so it’s always a gamble. And don’t get me started on the mess they did with Moon Knight! :censored: