• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It's 7/11! Get a FREE Slurpee today.

25 posts in this topic

I never heard of Slush Puppies.

But I remember the Slurpee cups with the superheroes on them. Use to collect them. Long gone now.

WHAT?!?!?

You havent lived until youve had a Slush Puppy! Especially a store where you control the machine instead of the clerk. based on the size of the cup, you give 1,2 or 3 squirts of whatever flavor. when they are behind the counter, they try to gip you though. When you control it, you can go crazy and make it concentrated enough to give you an aneurism :cloud9:

The slush puppies available in my area used to (late 80s) have fairly large beads of ice instead of the usual fine-grained slush, but now they're like all the rest.

Hmmm. About 35 years ago, slurpees were about 25 cents and comics were about 35 cents.

FF to 2013. Slurpees are about $1 and comics are $3.99.

No wonder 7-Elevens don't carry comics anymore.

and 35 years ago Slurpees were made of sugar and water vs today where they are made of sugar and water.

by comparison comics were 22 pages of newsprint quality paper with varying degrees of quality control around the printing process, where as now most a glossy high quality paper products that only rarely get mis-cut/mis-printed.

Wife, brother-in-law and I got our freebees yesterday. No comics in the store :(

I forgot to mention that the 7-11 in our area didn't advertise the free slurpees at all. No banners outside, no signs in the window, nothing on the counter. The clerk at the register didn't even say anything when we walked in and we were the only people in the store! :cry:

Wife, brother-in-law and I got our freebees yesterday. No comics in the store :(

I forgot to mention that the 7-11 in our area didn't advertise the free slurpees at all. No banners outside, no signs in the window, nothing on the counter. The clerk at the register didn't even say anything when we walked in and we were the only people in the store! :cry:

Apparently most people don't even know about it, about 6 years ago I was in NYC and told my American friend we could get a free slurped at 7-11 because of the date, he didn't believe me.

So we went in and there was a little sign on the machine proving me right. My friend had never head of it.

A few years ago I was in Boston on this date and went in for a free slurpee as well, no signs, no advertising...Asked an employee who asked a manager and pointed me to the machine, nobody else in the store was getting one :(