• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spider-man #1 gold upc cgc 9.8

5 posts in this topic

there are a lot more than 3 9.8s,cgc just started a while back listing the gold upc separte from the gold spidey head.i bought my upc 9.8 for around $275-$300 a few years back.i just saw the first 9.9 upc the other day,but not sure what it ended at.good luck on the 9.8 thumbsup2.gif

yeah i saw that spider-man #1 cgc 9.9 gold upc but when i asked him to let me know the serial number so i can confirm with cgc comics themselves he did not reply and then he ended his auction early he did not reply to any of my questions regarding the authenticity of the 9.9.

I've also rand cgc on this and they said the best way is to go by there census which only states there are 3 at 9.8 , they said there might be a 9.9 but would have the new label on them if the census has not been updated since the 8/24 but the auction had the old label on them so i just cannot take a risk on bidding on an item which is not a real cgc graded copy a fake!

So for my own satisfation and rarity of comic grades i always go by what the census is showing, my own opinion..Thanks for your help what do u guys think?

Thanks for your help what do u guys think?

I would not be surprised at all if the earliest CGC graded books are mislabeled

and therefore not accurate in the census.

Spider-man #1 Gold census probably includes UPC copies graded early on...

The "UPC" designation/separation in the census probably occurred later.

The 9.9 was a red label... so it's definitely an early copy.